Specialist Mine Underground Telecommunications
The Vision is to enable a fully integrated and highly automated business from resource to market. BHPâ€™s global Technology team is the coming together of a dedicated, innovative team focused on identifying and implementing new ways of raising standards and improving productivity, safety and environmental impact. They will embrace new technologies to lead the industry globally.
As part of the Technology evolution, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other digital drivers on projects that redefine the way they operate around the world. You will help provide a safe, smart and sustainable future for the people, products and customers. You will investigate, propose and utilize innovative approaches, tools and technology to add real value â€“ transforming services, there communities and the impact. Your diversity of thought and experience will be embraced and you will be empowered to make a real difference across the business.
About the Opportunity
The objective of the role is to improve mine underground telecommunications, architecture and configuration that will lay the foundation for deployment of digital technologies to and between the mine work fronts. You will also be required to ensure effective integration with surface networks, following corporate standards for local, metropolitan and wide area networks over wired and wireless infrastructure.
Specialist Mine Underground Telecommunications on Olympic Dam site your responsibilities will include:
- Production of high level and detailed LAN/WAN designs encompassing Radio Frequency desktop studies and surveys.
- End to end delivery of technology solution designs for LTE implementations across surface and underground environments, incorporating EPC, OAM and E-UTRAN components.
- Digital Radio strategies and standard designs
- Managing User expectations, maintaining and developing relationships and dealing with diverse groups
- Alignment of technology solutions with required business functionality, best practices, architectures, design criteria and standards.
- Familiarity with Technology life cycle approaches in developing, testing, releasing and supporting delivery.
- QA/QC of fault tolerant telecommunications infrastructure.
- Providing full specifications and cost estimates for the new technology required
- Directing solution vendors in the installation and correct configuration and testing of all new technology
- Assessing and advising on the suitability of related infrastructure and in the establishment of appropriate Disaster Recovery facilities
- Liaise with governing bodies to define and obtain all licenses, permits and authorizations to enable a fully functional telecommunications infrastructure.
- Design and as-built documentation of telecommunications infrastructure to a level that meets project selection, definition, execution and engineering standards.
- Knowledge of underground Mining systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Production Systems and Control System environments.
- Ensure all technology solutions meet or exceed all relevant health, safety and environmental Standards to achieve the overall objective of Zero Harm.
- Ensure risks are systematically identified, managed and mitigated.
- Capable of supporting training, release management and handover processes with Support and User groups
- A relevant tertiary degree in Engineering (Electrical/Telecommunications/Wireless), Information Systems or related discipline
- 7 – 10 years in Solution architecture roles for program studies, project delivery; Industry experience, required, in mining, oil & gas, utilities or manufacturing.
- Business domain Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and the PRINCE2 Project Management Methodology would be to your advantage;
- A good understanding of ISA95, ISA88 and other relevant standards is essential.
- A solid understanding of the following areas :
- LTE / WIFI (802.11) , Digital Radio (Tetra, P25, DMR) and other wireless communications technologies including wideband microwave transmission systems in P2P & P2MP topologies and their application in remote areas is essential.
- CAT5e, 6a, 7 and co-axial (Leaky feeder) copper wired communications technologies and their application in remote areas is essential.
- Fibre optics and other cabling and transmission technologies such as DWDM, OTN, SDH, Packet and their application in remote areas is essential.
- Application porting across wireless communications
- IP Networks including equipment selection, scoping, design, integration and migration relating to IETF and IEEE based protocols
- Virtual IP network and server infrastructure architectures, cloud and hybrid computer, storage platforms
- Integrated high availability and high security network architectures
- Mobile plant and mine technology solutions, and their application in remote areas
- Fixed plant technology solutions, including minerals processing and mine ventilation, and their application in remote areas
- Autonomous equipment and operations, in mining or other industries
- Prior experience in Factory Acceptance Testing and compliance standards;
- Ability to conduct link budget analysis, capacity planning and coverage analysis; and
- Problem solving and understanding of root cause analysis techniques.
At BHP, they will provide you an environment to:
- be autonomous and support (you) to use initiative;
- be accountable and performance driven;
- work flexibly with a focus on outcomes, not hours;
- problem-solve collaboratively together;
- activate your improvement mindset, experimentation and agile learning.
Offering an inclusive and diverse environment where youâ€™ll experience:
- flexible work arrangements (focus on outcomes, not hours);
- dedicated leadership and female mentoring programs;
- 18 weeks paid parental leave;
- state-of-the-art facilities with WiFi enabled indoor and outdoor spaces collaboration and versatility;
- parentâ€™s room.
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now‘ or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Click Apply for Specialist Mine Underground Telecommunications