Fortescue Metals Group said today the maiden reserve estimate for the first stage of Solomon Hub in the Pilbara was 716 million tonnes.
“This maiden reserve for the Solomon Hub underwrites the large scale development currently under way at Solomon to support the 60 million tonnes per annum mine plan,” chief operating officer Nev Power said.
The company expected the reserve number to double over time, Mr Power said.
The Perth-based miner had announced earlier this week that it was set to raise another $US1.5 billion ($1.4bn) in debt to help fund its planned $US8.4bn Pilbara expansion, which will triple production to 155mta.
800 man accommodation village
The team at McDowall Affleck are thriving under pressure to deliver the plans for Pindan to construct an 800 man accommodation village at the FMG Solomon Mine.
The scope of works include:
- Bulk Earthworks for the commencement of the project
- Final earthworks for the completion of the fill around the accommodation units, central facilities, footpaths and swale drains over the site
- Hydraulic design of the potable water and fire water supply, booster pumps and reticulation
- Roads, car parks and hardstands
- External cut off drains, internal drains and culverts, external drains and culverts and storage ponds
- Sewer, water, power and communication service reticulation
- Input into water and sewer treatment
- Ongoing support during the construction phase
- As Constructed plans at the completion of the work