If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Skilled Fitters – Various Mine Site – View to permanent
With the up-turn in mining exploration in the region this client has a need for 4 Field Service Fitters to work at various Bowen Basin mines on an ad hoc basis. If you’re searching for a career with a well reputed company, this can be a permanent opportunity after 3 months.
Various mine sites will include: Curragh, Rolleston, Jellinbah, Blackwater & Isaac Plains
You will be required to have:
- Trade Qualified Diesel Fitter
- At least 2 years’ of post trade experience
- Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Induction Training & BMA Bridging
- Any mine site inductions highly regarded
- Past mine site knowledge & understanding
- Excavator or Dragline experience preferred
In return on offer is:
- Pay rate $42.50/hour (FLAT) for first 8 hours then $55/hour (FLAT) for remaining hours. Saturday and Sunday all hours $55.hour flat.
- Accommodation/meals supplied
- Company vehicle supplied
- Uniforms provided
- Temp to permanent roles
- ASAP start
- Prefer candidates who are seeking long term job opportunities
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply for this position?
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, please hit the APPLY button now, alternatively you can submit your application and any questions to email@example.comApply for Skilled Fitters Various Mine Site Bowen Basin Mining
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list