See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Electrical Technician – Illawarra NSW
Ampcontrol is a leading international supplier of electrical and electronic products to the power, energy, infrastructure and mining sectors, operating across Australia as well as in China, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa and the United Kingdom. They pride there selves on there customer focused approach and superior products and services across all our market sectors.
They are searching for a passionate and highly skilled Electrical Technician to join their Illawarra operations. You will be working hands-on alongside other team members to ensure site jobs are completed in an accurate and safe manner, on-time and within budget.
About the Role
As an Electrical Technician you will be responsible for completing AS3800 overhauls & inspections in a workshop environment and including:
- assisting with the repair, manufacture & inspection of underground mining cables and associated components
- assisting the Service Team to conduct MV-HV Electrical Field Service work; and
- completing underground machine pre-overhaul inspections and reports as required.
Key to this exciting opportunity will be the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
What They are searching for;
Your willingness to gets hands on in a manufacturing/service environment will be complemented by the following:
- Certificate III Electrical Technology or equivalent;
- Certificate III Explosion-protected equipment overhaul covering the following modules
- UEENEEM007B “Flameproof
- UEENEEM007B “Encapsulation
- UEENEEM007B “Increased Safety
- current NSW drivers license
- Mines Rescue Certificate
- excellent communication skills
- excellent computer skills with the Microsoft Office Suite
- ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Forklift and MR/HR NSW driver’s licenses and experience within the local Coal Industry are also desirable.
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
This job for Electrical Technician will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to Apply
If you feel your skills are a strong match to this position, and the opportunity of working for a leading Australian company excites you, apply today!
Click Apply for Skilled Electrical Technician Illawarra Operations NSW