You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Skilled Diesel Fitters Various Mine Site – Permanent Position
With the up-turn in mining exploration in the region this client has a need for 4 Field Service Fitters to work at various Bowen Basin mines on an ad hoc basis. If you’re searching for a career with a well reputed company, this can be a permanent opportunity after 3 months.
Various mine sites will include: Curragh, Rolleston, Jellinbah, Blackwater & Isaac Plains
You will be required to have:
In return on offer is:
- Pay rate $42.50/hour (FLAT) for first 8 hours then $55/hour (FLAT) for remaining hours. Saturday and Sunday all hours $55.hour flat.
- Accommodation/meals supplied (when at site)
- Company vehicle supplied
- Uniforms provided
- Temp to permanent roles
- ASAP start
- Prefer candidates who are seeking long term job opportunities
You will be based at the Rockhampton workshop and attend mine sites as required.
How to apply
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list