You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Site Mining Supervisor Jobs Mackay
Mine Support Services are searching for mining supervisors to place in various sites throughout QLD on a 7/7 or 8/6 FIFO or DIDO dayshift only roster.
- Permanent employment
- Career development opportunities
As an MSS supervisor you will be responsible for small workgroups of up to 8 people, undertaking a variety of tasks, such as:
- Road works, Exploration and gas extraction and pad construction;
- Minor Civils and drainage works;
- Vegetation clearing and topsoil stripping;
- Water cartage and dust suppression;
- General bulk earthworks.
You will have a solid understanding of the Qld Coal Mining acts and regulations and your responsibilities as a supervisor on a Coal Mine. The safety of your team will be your absolute priority.
To be considered for *Site Mining Supervisor Jobs Mackay you must provide:
- A current CV with demonstrated experience plant operation and supervision of earth works, construction, or site services on Qld Coal mines;
- Current RII Competencies.
The successful candidates will be required to hold or attain the following prior to commencement:
- Standard 11 Induction Training
- Coal Board Medical
- S1, S2 & S3
- G2 Competencies
- Current First Aid
- RII LV
As an MSS supervisor your tasks will include:
- Setting up lasers and other set out functions;
- Work area inspections;
- Ensuring permits are valid;
- Undertaking Planned Task observations / Visual felt leadership and other site safety interaction processes with work crews;
- Facilitating JSA’s;
- Providing mentoring to work crews to maintain their high standards in Safety, Professionalism and productivity;
- Organising and coordinating work groups, equipment and deliveries in consultation with the Site Coordinator/ Manager and updating schedules daily;
- Scheduling refuelling and servicing, Crib breaks and transport to maximise productivity;
- Ensuring work groups are have appropriate PPE, Signage, barricading and tools to undertake the work safely;
- Delivering daily pre starts to crews;
- Completing incident reports or other site safety requirements;
- Completing daily MSS supervisor reports and shift handovers;
- Verifying and submitting dayworks sheets, fuel sheets, delivery sheets and other paperwork as requirement through the MSS processes.
As an MSS Supervisor you will be responsible for ensuring workgroups always act in accordance with their MSS values and help to promote a great culture within their team.
About the Company:
Mine Support Services (MSS) is a privately owned, specialist mining contractor. We are a small, highly skilled, disciplined team with an excellent reputation for quality and service. MSS provides a range of services including civil construction, general earthmoving and specialist mining rehabilitation.
Why get your Supervisor qualifications?
This Supervisor course will give you the qualifications to help you step up into a more responsible role as a leading hand, Supervisor or a designated Site Safety and Health Representative.
As a S1, S2 & S3 qualified Supervisor, you’re viewed as a trusted manager/team leader. Someone who can be relied upon to get things done as well as someone who knows their job and can manage people in a natural and nonthreatening way.
Supervisor roles also get you ready for much bigger pay cheques!
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.