See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
SIS Driller Jobs Mackay & Coalfields
The Role :
Due to continued growth within their Queensland Energy division, they are now seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced SIS Coal Drilling candidates to undertake difficult drilling programs in the Bowen Basin area.
About you :
Ready to accept the many difficult drilling challenges that occur on your rig (Gallagher / American Auger / Prime Rig). Take pride in providing leadership and mentoring your offsiders whilst operating your drill rig in a safe manner.
Good level of physical fitness with the ability to pass the MSV pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol screening and a functional assessment.
Able to provide a suitable National Police Clearance for site access.
The inherent requirements for this position are as follows.
- Must have previous experience in SIS Drilling.
- Previous experience operating Gallagher, American Auger and / or Prime Rigs is highly desirable.
- HR licence mandatory, HC or MC is highly desirable
- Well Control Certificate is highly desirable.
- Certificate III Drilling Operations is a requirement
Site Specific Requirements :
- A Standard 11 Induction Training (Current)
- Supervisor S1,2,3 Qualification (Now known as G1,G8,G9)
- Carry out the risk management process (G2)
- A current Provide First Aid / CPR
- National Police Clearance
Please note :
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.