This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Shutdowns – Various trades and Trades Support
Shutdowns Various Mining Trades Support Bowen Basin QLD
G&S Engineering are a local Mackay business of over 22 years with work throughout QLD and the Bowen Basin; across Mining, Ports and Construction. Grow your career and become an integral part of the future of an exciting company.
The G&S Engineering team delivers professionally managed engineering, maintenance and construction projects. There success is achieved only through the ability, determination and passion of our people.
They have positions available to join our established ‘Shutdowns’ teams operating throughout the Bowen Basin, from Biloela and Emerald in the South, to Collinsville and Moranbah in the North, on a ‘Drive-in, Drive-out’ project-to-project basis:
- Crane Operators
- Experienced Trades Assistants
You will have a proven track record of experience in heavy industry, fixed plant maintenance, construction or commissioning; an attitude that safety and well-being comes first; and a willingness to go the extra yard to achieve great results for yourself, your team and your customers.
- Trade Qualification (If applicable to the role you’re seeking)
- Current Coal Board Medical – Section 4
- BMA Induction or Standard 11 Induction Training Induction
- Working at Heights (Preferable)
- Confined Space (Preferable)
- Current C Class Driver’s Licence
In return they will offer
- Weekly pays
- Competitive hourly pay rates
- Meals and Accommodation provided
- Strong client relationships and established footprint in the mining industry
- Equal Opportunity Employment
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Shutdowns Various Mining Trades Support Bowen Basin QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list