Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Shutdown Worker (Confined Space Spotter/ Sentry) – Millmerran, QLD job – Toowoomba & Darling Downs
Advertised by: ISH24 – Other
ISH24 are specialists in the delivery of Confined Space & Safety Services.
This is a drive-in, drive-out role. Applicants must reside within a 1-hour drive of Millmerran work site and have reliable transport. Accommodation is not provided.
We are seeking safety focused individuals with a “can do” attitude who want to be part of a dynamic and supportive team.
Our role is to ensure all requirements of confined space entry are followed in accordance to site policies and procedures and carry out sentry/standby duties to enable the works to be completed safely.
We are currently seeking personnel to register for the role of Confined Space Spotter/ Sentry for an upcoming shutdown scheduled for approximately 1-2 weeks between October and November 2020 in Millmerran, QLD.
WHAT IS A CONFINED SPACE SENTRY?
A person who remains outside the confined space work area and communicates and observes workers to ensure the work crew’s safety.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Observing works carried out to ensure site procedures are followed i.e. PPE requirements, Take 5s, Hot Work Permits etc.
- Radio communications
- Ensuring that workers have signed in/out of work area
- Document control/checks i.e. ensuring permits/JSA’s are in place and have authorised signatures
- Operating gas monitors/equipment to monitor atmospheres within the work area
- Initiating emergency procedures if required
This is a drive-in, drive-out role. Applicants must reside within 1-hour drive of Millmerran work site and have reliable transport to and from site. Accommodation is not provided. Ideal candidate will be available and willing to join the team for the entire duration of the shutdown (approximately October 31 – November 9).
Previous experience as a Confined Space Sentry/ Spotter is an advantage, however not essential. Great work ethic, the right attitude and the ability to follow instructions and carry out safe work practices is a must. You will need to be able to work as part of a team or autonomously as required.
Mandatory in-house training will be provided for the right people, as well as ongoing support and supervision whilst on the job.
These works suit people in other seasonal or casual employment, people searching for additional income or those with flexible schedules.
QUALIFICATIONS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
As a minimum you will need to have:
- Nationally accredited enter & work in confined space certificate dated within 2 years (or willingness to obtain);
- Nationally accredited working safely at heights certificate dated within 2 years (or willingness to obtain);
- Constructions Induction/ White Card
- Ability to provide a clean drug & alcohol test
The following are beneficial, however not mandatory:
- Gas Testing Atmospheres certificate (obtained within past 2 years);
- Current First Aid Certificate
Successful candidates must:
- Have previous experience in Sentry duties or an understanding of what the role entails
- Be safety focused
- Have the ability to comply with company/site rules & procedures
- Have excellent communication, literacy & numeracy skills
- Have the ability to remain calm and show leadership in the event of an emergency
- Be physically fit and healthy to enable access to confined space locations
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in pursuing and you feel you match our criteria, please submit your resume via Seek and one of our recruitment agents will be in touch with you to answer any questions you may have.
Please note: due to the high volume of applicants, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Location: Toowoomba & Darling Downs
Job Type: Casual/Vacation
Category: Mining, Resources & Energy
Shutdown Worker (Confined Space Spotter/ Sentry) – Millmerran, QLD jobs – Toowoomba & Darling Downs – ISH24 jobs at Toowoomba & Darling Downs, casual/vacation, Mining, Resources & Energy, iMINCO Mining Information https://www.seek.com.au/job/50552070
Before applying for this Shutdown Worker (Confined Space Spotter/ Sentry) – Millmerran, QLD job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and you’re targeting this job.
If want to know how to do this, see our mining resume guide here.