You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Shutdown Rigger Jobs Bowen Basin
Wisely are searching for Riggers to join their shutdown teams around multiple mining sites across the Bowen Basin.
To be considered for these positions you MUST have the following:
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Experience in Prep Plants
- Proven experience working in various departments on Coal Sites.
- Commitment to Safety with a proactive approach to your work
- Time management and self-motivation
- Reliability and commitment
You will be offered an attractive remuneration package including:
- Fantastic Hourly Rates
- Meals & Accommodation Supplied
- Superannuation (on all hours worked)
Please submit the following Mandatory Documents in order to process your application:
- Current Coal Board Medical
- BMA Induction / Standard 11 Induction Training
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Drivers Licence
- Site Inductions
- HRWL – Rigging or a Statement of Attainment
- Any other industry tickets eg. Confined Spaces, Working at Heights, EWP
- Resume outlining all skills stating 2 x referees (must be Supervisors/ Managers)
Wisely is a well-respected leading service provider to heavy industry across Australasia. Our reputation has been built on the quality of our people and our ability to attract & retain the right person for the task. We are successful in achieving these outcomes through an unparalleled commitment to our core values of simplicity, people, safety, integrity & performance.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list