Shutdown Rigger Jobs Bowen Basin
Wisely are looking for Riggers to join their shutdown teams around multiple mining sites across the Bowen Basin.
To be considered for these positions you MUST have the following:
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Experience in Prep Plants
- Proven experience working in various departments on Coal Sites.
- Commitment to Safety with a proactive approach to your work
- Time management and self-motivation
- Reliability and commitment
You will be offered an attractive remuneration package including:
- Fantastic Hourly Rates
- Meals & Accommodation Supplied
- Superannuation (on all hours worked)
Please submit the following Mandatory Documents in order to process your application:
- Current Coal Board Medical
- BMA Induction / Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Drivers Licence
- Site Inductions
- HRWL – Rigging or a Statement of Attainment
- Any other industry tickets eg. Confined Spaces, Working at Heights, EWP
- Resume outlining all skills stating 2 x referees (must be Supervisors/ Managers)
Wisely is a well-respected leading service provider to heavy industry across Australasia. Our reputation has been built on the quality of our people and our ability to attract & retain the right person for the task. We are successful in achieving these outcomes through an unparalleled commitment to our core values of simplicity, people, safety, integrity & performance.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a workplace health and safety package for the Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII).
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety and procedures training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
There are 6 units of study (competency) in the Standard 11. This course can not be completed online. Find out more about how you can complete the Standard 11 Mining Induction at a location close to you
You can book your course here and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.