This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Shutdown Project Planner (Mechanical)
FIELD Engineers provides design, engineering and project management services to the resources, power and construction industries and have consulting offices in Brisbane and Mackay.
Looking for a Mechanical Project Planner who:
- has experience planning maintenance shutdown projects on large plant;
- is proficient using Microsoft Project and SAP (desirable), or similar software platforms;
- has a trade background; or technical tertiary qualifications; or extensive industry experience in this role;
- communicates in a professional manner;
- works well as part of a team.
Experience with Dragline (maintenance, shutdowns or construction) is essential. This role will be based at various Bowen Basin coal mines.
They are a locally owned company. The directors all work in the business on a day-to-day basis. They value: Integrity; Efficiency; Relationships; Growth and Reputation. If you think these things are important too you’ll probably fit right in.
Submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below
Click Apply for Shutdown Project Planner Position
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list