See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Shutdown Fitter Jobs Mackay & Coalfields** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
About You :
You will have a proven track record of experience in fixed plant maintenance within the mining industry. Therefore, it is essential that you have:
– Current Coal Board Medical
– Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA Core Induction – Certificate of Attainment
– RIIWHS202D Enter Confined Space
– RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
What they offer :
– A chance to join a 6,000+ strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
What makes you right for UGL – behaviour/principles :
– Genuine concern for safety
– Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
– An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
– A belief that success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
About UGL :
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. They are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. They are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.