Shutdown Administrator – Peak Downs
At BHP they support people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, they offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities.
There strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where employees feel strongly connected to values and objectives, and where the capability of there people is key to success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
They currently have an opportunity for a Shutdown Administrator to join the Major Shutdown Execution team at the Central Queensland Office, Peak Downs. You will be required to work in the Central Queensland Office as well as at the shutdown location. You will also work across multiple shutdown projects and BMA Mine Sites
The Shutdown Administrator is a key role providing day-to-day administrative support to the Major Shutdowns team. The role is offered on an 8/6 & 5/2 dayshift only roster depending on the operational requirements of the shutdown. This is a residential role and housing will be provided in either Dysart or Moranbah based on availability.
Reporting to the Superintendent Execution Project Control, you will also be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate Training and Authorizations to support the delivery of Major Shutdowns across BMA mine sites
- Manage site access when Shutdown is excised for Major Shutdowns SHMS
- Engage and coordinate Trainer Assessors as per site requirements.
- Scan and save documents into the Document Management System and archive in accordance with the document management procedure.
- Manage RightCrowd site access for all employees and contractors for MSD
- Coordinate site visitors through RightCrowd.
- Maintain Management Team Roster.
- Manage crew list and information spreadsheet.
- Coordinate LMS Code creation.
- Maintain MSD Site Access Entry Criteria for each Shutdown.
- Send WSV to AIM, Manage Major Shutdown Training Emails
- Manage all electronic device authorizations (includes phones/cameras/PC’s etc.)
- Maintain skills matrix.
- Maintain daily shutdown sign on sheets
- Arrange travel and accommodation for the Major Shutdowns Department
- Organize and manage events (catering and logistics as required)
- Assist on-boarding of new employees through BMA Labour Hire Team
- Arrange accommodation for village stays as requested by the shutdown team
- Manage bus schedule between site and village accommodation including ad-hoc bus runs for site evacuation (blast, weather etc.)
- Manage purchasing of stationary, office equipment, staff uniforms and adhoc items required by the shutdown team.
- Management of contractor hour collection and reporting to project controls
- Monitor fatigue hours for all personnel through the MSD RightCrowd system and highlight any individuals approaching daily, weekly or monthly site limits to the Execution Superintendent.
The success of the role and team will be underpinned through supporting diversity of thought. Thus, we encourage individuals from all industries to apply.
- You will have the ability to build collaborative relationships within the team, with peers and other stakeholders;
- You will also have strong administrative capabilities with advanced level skills in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc);
- Experience in training systems is desirable but not essential in this role;
- Experience with SAP is desirable but not essential in this role;
- Experienced in travel and diary management;
- It is essential that you are a team player who promotes and supports workplace diversity.
Supporting a diverse workforce:
At BHP, they recognize that they are strengthened by diversity. They are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. They are an Equal Opportunity employer and they encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
They know there are many aspects of there employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so they offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.Apply for Shutdown Administrator Mining Peak Downs Central Queensland