See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Shotfirer Jobs Yarrabee Mine QLD
About *Shotfirer Jobs Yarrabee Mine QLD:
The Shotfirer coordinates the drilling and blasting activities on site and the effective operation of plant and personnel within the blasting crew. Additionally, the Shotfirer is expected to provide training to Trainee Shotfirer’s and ensure production targets are met and complete all blast reports in a timely manner.
Reporting to the Mine Services Superintendent, you will be a part of a dynamic and motivated team. You will possess the following skills:
- Demonstrated sound level of communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly developed skills in all shotfiring activities
- Demonstrated skills in risk awareness, hazard identification and a strong commitment to safety performance
Experience / Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act and associated regulations
- Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance practices
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of drill & blasting principles and practices relating to drill and blast operations
- Experienced in the provision of drill & blast applications within an Open Cut mining environment
- Experienced in maintaining communication across a number of departments
- Shotfirers Ticket
- SSAN – current police clearance
- Supervisory competencies (S1, S2, & S3)
- Standard 11 Induction Training Mine Induction (Surface)
- Current Queensland Driver’s Licence
- Senior first aid certificate
- 7:7 Roster, 10.5 hr shifts
- Company provided accommodation/ housing subsidy
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Educations Assistance
- Service Recognition
About the business and the role:
Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal their people are their most valuable asset and they invest in developing their management and leadership talent throughout their operations.
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.