If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Shotfirer Jobs Yarrabee Mine QLD
About *Shotfirer Jobs Yarrabee Mine QLD:
The Shotfirer coordinates the drilling and blasting activities on site and the effective operation of plant and personnel within the blasting crew. Additionally, the Shotfirer is expected to provide training to Trainee Shotfirer’s and ensure production targets are met and complete all blast reports in a timely manner.
Reporting to the Mine Services Superintendent, you will be a part of a dynamic and motivated team. You will possess the following skills:
- Demonstrated sound level of communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly developed skills in all shotfiring activities
- Demonstrated skills in risk awareness, hazard identification and a strong commitment to safety performance
Experience / Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act and associated regulations
- Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance practices
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of drill & blasting principles and practices relating to drill and blast operations
- Experienced in the provision of drill & blast applications within an Open Cut mining environment
- Experienced in maintaining communication across a number of departments
- Shotfirers Ticket
- SSAN – current police clearance
- Supervisory competencies (S1, S2, & S3)
- Standard 11 Induction Training Mine Induction (Surface)
- Current Queensland Driver’s Licence
- Senior first aid certificate
- 7:7 Roster, 10.5 hr shifts
- Company provided accommodation/ housing subsidy
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Educations Assistance
- Service Recognition
About the business and the role:
Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal their people are their most valuable asset and they invest in developing their management and leadership talent throughout their operations.
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list