iMINCO Mining Jobs - sign up for 2020 mining jobs
Mining Shift Supervisor – George Fisher Mine
- FIFO from Brisbane, cairns, Townsville
- Long term Role
- 14/7 roster
The Redpath Group is a leading mining contractor with projects throughout Australia and the globe.
They specialize in shaft sinking, mine development, contract mining, raiseboring, underground construction, coal, engineering & technical services and specialty services. They are committed to providing an environment in which all of employees can excel while achieving there vision of Safety – First, Last and Always.
About the role and Project
This is your chance to join the Redpath George Fisher Mine team in an exciting Ground Support role. The Glencore George Fisher Zinc Mine is located 20km from Mount Isa, close to local amenities and a family friendly community environment.
The George Fisher Redpath team benefit from the job security that comes from being in the early stages of a long term contract. The role will offer you the opportunity to progress your career in a small team environment where safety leadership and performance is valued.
- Ensuring the safe and efficient completion of all tasks
- Planning tasks for the shift in conjunction with the Superintendents or Maintenance Superintendents
- Close supervision of new or inexperienced employees
- Completion of shift reports and time sheets
liaising with the Superintendents or Maintenance Superintendents and Client Representatives on issues affecting the workplace and or work progress.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in underground metalliferous mining
- Experience operating as a shift supervisor
- Current manual drivers license
- Desire to commit to the growth of the mine site
- Proven ability to provide leadership, performance management and team development
- The ability to problem solve and be adaptable
- A safety approach in keeping with Redpath’s motto Safety – First, Last and Always .
Flights are provided from Brisbane, Townsville and Cairns, food and accommodation is provided when on site.
Redpath offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and well being of there team. With benefits including discounted health insurance, salary packaging and salary continuance insurance they make the health, safety and well-being of there people for absolute priority, and they are focused on ensuring everyone is fit for work and fit for life.
How to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” prompt quoting the reference number 2206-2577-SSU
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Shift Supervisor Maintenance George Fisher Mine FIFO QLD