See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Servicing Mining Jobs Mackay
BIBO from Mackay + Camp & Meals Provided
- Large Top Tier Mining Contractor
- 7/7 Rosters – Camp & Meals Provided
- Super on all hours worked
About the Company:
Stellar Recruitment is partnered with a leading specialist mining company that have a number of contracts across the Queensland Bowen Basin. They are currently seeking an experienced Service Truck Operator to work on a large mine site close to Mackay.
About the Role:
If successful for this position you will be responsible for the mobile equipment availability. The role will incorporate regular servicing, maintenance, refuelling and repairs in the service truck.
Duties for *Servicing Mining Jobs Mackay:
- Refuelling of large mobile plant equipment
- Routine maintenance on mining equipment
- Equipment servicing including oil and filter changes
- Adhere to all BHP site safety protocols and SOP’s
- Promote an enjoyable, safe and productive work environment
Skills & Experience:
- RIIs for Service / Haul Truck
- Service Mine Plant and Equipment
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Previous experience working on mobile plant equipment e.g. CAT haul trucks, dozers, graders.
- Must have experience working as a Service truck operator
- Work on one of QLD’s most sought after mine sites
- BIBO from Mackay + camp and meals provided
- 7/7 roster
- Super on all hours worked
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.