Service Technicians – 2&1 FIFO or Residential – Kalgoorlie
Service Technicians Diesel Fitter/Mechanic FIFO Kalgoorlie
Founded in 1921, Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earth moving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to there Customers which is achieved by 1,700 employees located in 41 branches spanning Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
New career opportunities are now available for Service Technicians (HD Diesel Fitter / Mechanic) to join Kalgoorlie branch. These roles are offered as a choice of either residential based in Kalgoorlie or FIFO from Perth, on a 2 week on / 1 week off roster, reporting directly to the Goldfields Area Manager.
You would be responsible for carrying out maintenance, servicing and repairs on mobile plant equipment and ensuring excellent customer service is provided. The role is responsible for machine diagnostics as well as the testing and adjusting of machine operation and monitoring systems. Additionally, you would be coordinating equipment maintenance projects and generating technical reports such as service reports, TSI & warranty claim processes. Work will involve both workshop and field service duties.
The knowledge, skills and abilities they are looking for
- Relevant Trade Certificate – Mobile Plant Mechanic (HD Diesel Fitter – Earthmoving/Heavy Transport)
- Current MR classification driver’s license (minimum requirements for field service)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the design & function of Komatsu mining & civil equipment
- Field service / Mine site breakdown/diagnostics experience
- A demonstrated commitment to safety with the ability to work unsupervised and in remote areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of computer systems
- Air-con and Auto Electrical experience, qualifications and diagnostic skills will be highly regarded
At Komatsu we have proven career pathways into areas like world class Autonomous Haulage Systems, Technical Services, Training, Sales, Supply Chain, Safety, Manufacturing and Leadership roles. They are committed to creating a culture of learning and consider the support and recognition of training, learning, development & education as fundamental to achieving your goals. They also provide a range of services and benefits to assist there employees in their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Certified Technician Training and Accreditation: high-quality technical training on Komatsu equipment and technology delivered by Learning & Development team
- Career Development Program and Education Support Program for further studies
- Generous Wages, Field Service / Remote Living Allowances + flights or a location bonus & rental subsidy
- Company-funded Income Protection Insurance, if chosen is also offered
How to apply?
To apply please click on the “Apply” button below and complete our online application form.
Apply for Service Technicians Diesel Fitter/Mechanic FIFO Kalgoorlie
Inquiries can be directed to the undersigned, please note that emailed applications will not be considered.
Applications close: Monday 18 December 2017
- Clinton Webb –Recruitment Advisor
- 1300 566 287
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.