If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Service Cart Operator – Weipa
World leader in finding, mining and processing the earth’s mineral resources is currently searching for an experienced Service person for their Tailings Dam project in Weipa.
- Duration: 5 month project, commencement mid-April 2017
- Project: Tailings Dam / Wall Raise, specialized civil project
- Roster: 2:1 Roster
- Transport: FIFO from Cairns
- Accommodation: Camp & Meals Supplied
- Hours of Work: 10-12 hour days
- Prior experience as a service cart operator for a large mining / mine site civil project
- Experience servicing Dozers, loaders, scrapers, excavators, water carts, articulated dump trucks and other ancillary equipment in a high pressured environment
Go to the Caterpillar website for more information
- RII for service cart operations – mandatory
- Current HR Drivers License – Mandatory
- Proof of Right to work in Australia
- Apply Risk Management Processes Certification – or willing to obtain
- CPR – or willing to obtain [Valid for 1 year] – or willing to obtain
- First Aid – or willing to obtain [Valid for 3 years] – or willing to obtain
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Use Awareness Training – or willing to obtain [Valid 2 years] – or willing to obtain
- Strong compliance to and knowledge of site safety rules and regulations. High safety regard is paramount for this role.
In return you will be provided with:
- Accommodation and meals for the duration of the project
- Flights to and from Cairns only.
- An opportunity to grow your skills and work with a great team in one of the most beautiful, remote locations in Australia!
The successful applicant will need to complete a Pre-Employment and Drug & Alcohol before commencing on site.
NOTE: When you apply for this job [name of job title here], take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
If you are interested in the above position, please click”APPLY” button below
Click for more details and Apply for Service Cart Operator Job
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.