If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Senior Well Operations Supervisor Coal Seam Gas Industry
Arrow Energy is an integrated coal seam gas (CSG) company that explores and develops gas fields, produces and sells CSG and generates electricity.
Arrow produces CSG from fields in the Surat Basin in southern Queensland and the Bowen Basin in central Queensland. They have been safely and sustainable developing CSG since 2000 and supplying it commercially since 2004.
They own one of Queensland’s largest power stations, Braemar 2 near Dalby, and have interests in two others, giving enough generation capacity to power around 800,000 homes.
On 1 December 2017, Arrow agreed one of the largest gas supply deals on Australia’s east coast, to bring to market significant gas reserves in the Surat Basin.
Arrow is owned by a joint venture company between Shell and PetroChina. At Arrow, safety is there highest priority, and values – lead, own, solve, integrate and respect – underpin everything they do. Due to internal promotion, they are searching for an experienced Senior Well Operations Supervisor to join the team.
Reporting to the Rig Superintendent Well Operations you will be the single point responsible for the coordination and execution of all well activities on your allocated rig, ensuring that HSE, cost and technical operational requirements are not only met, but exceeded.
In addition you will be:
Responsible for technical decision making in relation to the performance of their rig, including:
- Plan short term well operations, cost capture, daily performance reporting and logistics;
- Decision making responsibility in supervising Wells Operations;
- Wellview data entry for the operation;
- Compliance with relevant legislation and departmental QA systems;
- Well construction in accordance with Arrow Standards and Guidelines;
- Ensuring the QA/QC of all reports submitted internally and externally;
- Acting as a Visible Safety Leader at all times when interacting with field staff and contractors and proactively seek opportunities for safety conversations;
- Ensure emergency equipment is appropriate for the likely hazards, properly maintained and available for use;
- Ensure there is an up-to-date hazard register and that once identified, all hazards are effectively and appropriately controlled to ALARP;
- Consult with personnel on changes to materials, equipment and procedures where HSE considerations are a factor and utilise MOC procedure to track changes
- Ensure that relevant staff are trained in the assessment of risk and job safety analysis;
- Assess the level of skills, knowledge, competencies and experience of workers and decide on the appropriate level of supervision and checking of tasks;
- Comply with relevant work programs (i.e. well programs) and ensure work is carried out as planned;
- Monitor cementing operations, maintain samples and confirm setting of cement jobs;
- Produce driller’s notes for each operation, including offline prep work required to optimise operations;
- As the well site SSM, the Senior Well Operations Supervisor must ensure all activities on Arrow Energy’s petroleum authorities are compliant with QLD legislation, specifically the Petroleum and Gas (Production and Safety) Act 2004 and supporting guidance material.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Extensive and demonstrated success as a Senior Well Operations Supervisor.
- IWCF Level 4 Supervisor surface operations.
- Well site Permit to Work Rev 3.
- SSM appointment letter and competency. (APPEA)
- Senior first aid certificate and demonstrated safety leadership on well site.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Dedicated team player with ability to multi-task and manage conflicting deadlines.
- Well organised with attention to detail.
- Sound written and oral communications skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of management and staff.
In return for your efforts, Arrow Energy is offering an attractive remuneration package, commensurate with your qualifications and experience in addition to employee benefits such as the opportunity to purchase an additional two weeks leave, access to an employee benefits program which includes insurance, medical and lifestyle subsidies.
All applications will be considered with utmost confidentiality.Apply for Senior Well Operations Supervisor Coal Seam Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list