See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Senior Mining Engineer – Underground Mine jobs
IMC Mining – based in the Brisbane CBD – requires a Senior Mining Engineer to join growing team.
IMC are at the forefront of the implementation of modern computing methodologies in the strategic mine planning field – including big data management systems, rapid data mining and manipulation, linear programming, holistic mining operation modelling and zero based activity based cost modelling.
IMC provides engineering support to a wide variety of Australian and International clients – the current IMC projects include projects in Australia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Indonesia, Chile, Brazil, Peru, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia, Madagascar and Canada – these are all being handled by a small integrated team with a sought after and unique skill set in the mining space.
An ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in open cut or underground in either metals or coal with at least 3 years’ experience in one.
- Experience in one of the mainstream mine planning packages (eg Vulcan, Surpac, Datamine).
- Experience in life of mine and mine valuation using mine optimization software (eg Whittle, XPAC). Experience with linear programming would be looked on favourably.
- Experience in packages such as SQL, Access, Python or C++, R or VBA scripting would be an advantage – Python is used as the main tool for the majority of data manipulation and cost modelling work.
- Have a high level of aptitude and interest in data manipulation and coding.
- A strong work ethic and excellent communication skills.
- IMC will provide on the job training to enhance your skills.
To be considered for this position you will require the following skills/attributes:
- A qualification in Engineering (mining or civil preferred but any engineering discipline considered)
- Be a member of AUSIMM
- Have the legal right to work in Australia
- Have a valid Passport
Please ensure you include the following with your application:
- Detailed Resume
- Cover letter, including your desired remuneration package
- At least two Referees
- Contact details and current location.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.Apply for Senior Underground Coal Mining Engineer Brisbane
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website