Senior Reliability Engineer – FIFO Cairns QLD
They are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
There purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
There people are central to success and demonstrate there determination to be a best-in-class operator. They aspire to be an inclusive organization, where their workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where they operate.
GEMCO is one of the world’s largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located on Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds’ high-grade manganese ore production. GEMCO controls and operates all aspects of mining, processing, logistics and shipping on Groote Eylandt.
South32 are seeking a motivated Senior Reliability Engineer at GEMCO operation. In this role, you will be responsible for guiding the Mobile Maintenance Reliability team in data analysis, engineering and defect elimination to improve the availability and performance of the GEMCO assets
This role reports into the Superintendent Technical Support Mining and will be based at GEMCO Groote Eylandt on a 4/3 FIFO roster.
- Lead, develop and support the Mobile Maintenance Reliability team in areas of safety, cost reduction, statutory compliance, production and maintenance improvement
- Develop the portfolio of maintenance improvement initiatives
- Lead investigations and analysis into equipment downtime and production loss events using techniques to identify root cause and contributing factors
- Ensure the defect elimination process is consistently applied across all equipment assets
- Develop strategies for equipment condition monitoring and analyze data to prevent unplanned failures
- Develop and evaluate the critical and insurance spares strategies ensuring minimal business risk exposure
- Initiate engineering requests on behalf of the Maintenance function to improve equipment safety and reliability
- Build the yearly maintenance budgets with input from the Maintenance planning function and analyze variance throughout the year
- Take accountability for the performance of the team, promoting a culture of inclusion and feedback.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions with the direct reports to identify areas for improvement and recognize areas of excellence
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Strong background & experience in a similar role within the mining industry
- Solid understanding of developing preventative maintenance strategies
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills focusing on mobile and heavy mining equipment (especially Caterpillar and Hitachi product groups)
- High level condition monitoring knowledge and skills
- Exposure to Business Improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean etc.)
- Proficiency in software such as MMS, Downtime Data Analysis,
- Advanced Computer Literacy Skills.
- Team leadership experience and skills
What does South32 offer?
- 4/3 roster from Cairns or Darwin
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
They are always seeking people who share there values to join the team. There people are fundamental to success. They are focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
They look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Senior Reliability Engineer Mining Mobile Maintenance Cairns QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.