Plant Metallurgist / Senior Metallurgist QLD
Reporting to the Technical Superintendent and being an important member of the Processing team, you will play a critical part in the site success by ensuring that the Processing department delivers value to the business through effective technical management of the concentrator and continuous improvement in plant performance.
The key responsibilities for these roles will include:
- Maximizing performance of the concentrator to meet its design targets across its operational areas including crushing, grinding, flotation, filtration and dispatch, tailings and water treatment plant.
- Identifying and addressing metallurgical challenges/process bottlenecks, exploring opportunities for technical improvements and doing so in a planned, methodical fashion.
- Working closely with the mining geologists to effectively monitor and manage ROM feed on the various ore sources.
- Training and coaching the shift crews in effective operation of the plant
- Continuing the development of a data-rich environment that is of a quantity and quality which will facilitate effective intervention, decision making and communication
- Appreciation and application of metallurgical accounting systems and associated reconciliation processes
- Working with metallurgical test-work providers and reagent suppliers to develop and implement immediate and long term Life-of-Mine technical solutions
- Providing input to achieve consumable efficiencies to meet budget and identify cost reduction opportunities.
To be Successful
To be successful in this role it is essential you have a degree in Metallurgy or Chemical/Process Engineering. You will require significant experience in the base metals industry, including demonstrable site-based plant experience in concentrators. Your technical expertise in management of copper flotation circuits will be imperative. Those with aspirations for leadership roles in Processing are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate strong accountability. They will be a proactive methodical problem solver, with their success underpinned by having a strong planning discipline. They will be effective at engaging and establishing productive relationships with their team members, operational and support departments and utilizing external support and expertise. They must be an open and transparent communicator. They will share core values and together with a strong sense of teamwork will contribute to the success of their journey.
At Capricorn Copper your contribution will be highly valued and you will have a unique opportunity to join an empowered hands on team. You will see a strong connection between your efforts and the success of the organization. You will also be working in an organization supported by some of Australia’s most successful base metals teams and can be part of a story that is already being recognized as one of the Australian copper sectors newest success stories.
The roles offer an attractive salary package based on the level of skills and experience of the candidate. Ideally the successful candidate will reside in Queensland (DIDO Mt Isa or FIFO from Townsville, Cairns or Brisbane) but applicants outside QLD will also be considered.
Capricorn Copper has a philosophy that underpins its Core Values below – There success is up and is achieved through strong teamwork.
- Clear Vision through planning and communicating goals and actions
- Empowerment of there people to innovate and be proactive
- Ownership of actions so they constantly learn and improve
- Responsibility for results means it’s up to safely get the job done
- Respect the people they work with and the communities in which they live
How to apply
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Qualified Senior Mining Plant Metallurgist Processing Western QLD
Standard 11 Mining Induction