Plant Metallurgist / Senior Metallurgist QLD
Reporting to the Technical Superintendent and being an important member of the Processing team, you will play a critical part in the site success by ensuring that the Processing department delivers value to the business through effective technical management of the concentrator and continuous improvement in plant performance.
The key responsibilities for these roles will include:
- Maximizing performance of the concentrator to meet its design targets across its operational areas including crushing, grinding, flotation, filtration and dispatch, tailings and water treatment plant.
- Identifying and addressing metallurgical challenges/process bottlenecks, exploring opportunities for technical improvements and doing so in a planned, methodical fashion.
- Working closely with the mining geologists to effectively monitor and manage ROM feed on the various ore sources.
- Training and coaching the shift crews in effective operation of the plant
- Continuing the development of a data-rich environment that is of a quantity and quality which will facilitate effective intervention, decision making and communication
- Appreciation and application of metallurgical accounting systems and associated reconciliation processes
- Working with metallurgical test-work providers and reagent suppliers to develop and implement immediate and long term Life-of-Mine technical solutions
- Providing input to achieve consumable efficiencies to meet budget and identify cost reduction opportunities.
To be Successful
To be successful in this role it is essential you have a degree in Metallurgy or Chemical/Process Engineering. You will require significant experience in the base metals industry, including demonstrable site-based plant experience in concentrators. Your technical expertise in management of copper flotation circuits will be imperative. Those with aspirations for leadership roles in Processing are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate strong accountability. They will be a proactive methodical problem solver, with their success underpinned by having a strong planning discipline. They will be effective at engaging and establishing productive relationships with their team members, operational and support departments and utilizing external support and expertise. They must be an open and transparent communicator. They will share core values and together with a strong sense of teamwork will contribute to the success of their journey.
At Capricorn Copper your contribution will be highly valued and you will have a unique opportunity to join an empowered hands on team. You will see a strong connection between your efforts and the success of the organization. You will also be working in an organization supported by some of Australia’s most successful base metals teams and can be part of a story that is already being recognized as one of the Australian copper sectors newest success stories.
The roles offer an attractive salary package based on the level of skills and experience of the candidate. Ideally the successful candidate will reside in Queensland (DIDO Mt Isa or FIFO from Townsville, Cairns or Brisbane) but applicants outside QLD will also be considered.
Capricorn Copper has a philosophy that underpins its Core Values below – There success is up and is achieved through strong teamwork.
- Clear Vision through planning and communicating goals and actions
- Empowerment of there people to innovate and be proactive
- Ownership of actions so they constantly learn and improve
- Responsibility for results means it’s up to safely get the job done
- Respect the people they work with and the communities in which they live
How to apply
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Qualified Senior Mining Plant Metallurgist Processing Western QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.