Senior Mining Engineer – Bluff Coal Project
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specializing in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Operations span across Australia and South America.
They strive to be the best by investing in people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding clients’ needs.
Commitment to ensuring they deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centers on performance and values its people is second to none.
About the role:
As the mining operator, MACA Mining will provide mining services to Carabella Resources at the new Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometers east of Blackwater.
An opportunity has become available for an exceptional Senior Mining Engineer to join leadership team. Reporting to the Project Manager/ SSE, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring the site engineering team as well as implementing and achieving the short to medium term Production Plan by coordinating the scheduling functions (including load & haul, drilling & blasting) to enable the coal mine to achieve monthly and annual production targets.
- Develop, gain endorsement and implement short term, medium term and life of mine plan schedules & associated management plans;
- Provide timely and accurate drill and blast plans, and weekly and monthly production plans and schedules;
- Track compliance to weekly and monthly plans and communicate results to the leadership team and key stakeholders
- Provide on-the-job engineering support and technical advice to Mine and Production Operation teams to ensure strong alignment between planning and execution;
- Ensure mine designs are delivered to meet operational requirements and controlled through effective change management
- Coordinate the mine planning, drill and blast and development activities to ensure tonnage and grade targets are achieved safely, efficiently and to specification
- Develop and implement operational improvements into the planning process to assist mine operations to maximize production efficiency and control costs
- Work proactively and flexibly with other leaders to identify any potential cost savings and optimize the Technical Services team’s output to meet operational requirements.
About the lifestyle:
- An attractive 8/6 roster;
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week;
- Drive in/ Drive out bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
- Extensive Mine Engineering experience across Drill & Blast and Truck & Shovel in an open cut coal mining environment;
- Surface drill and blast, mine design, planning and scheduling experience;
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering;
- Advanced working knowledge of 3D mine design and scheduling software;
- Knowledge of Spry Mine Scheduling software desirable;
- Working knowledge of the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act 1999 and Coal Mining Safety & Health Regulation 2017;
- S123 and G2 competencies, a current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Coal Induction;
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
Mining and Civil Australia
- Put People First, creating a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- Strive to continuously Exceed Expectations of our employees, clients and investors.
- Recognize the importance of encouraging and rewarding Continuous Improvement.
- Show leadership and take responsibility for Community.
- Provide a supportive environment where people are encouraged to develop further and advance their career.
- Recognize and reward people for outstanding work.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, they recognize that are strengthened by a diverse and inclusive workforce. They are committed to providing a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
To be successfully considered for this role, please complete all pre-screening questions and attach the requested documents to your application.
MACA reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible. This role is being sourced directly by MACA.Apply for Senior Mining Engineer Bluff Coal Mine Project Australia
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.