Senior Mine Planning Engineer – Open Pit
Senior Mine Planning Open Pit Gold Mine WA
Dacian Gold Ltd (ASX:DCN) is finalizing constructing of its 100% owned Mt Morgans Gold Project located near Laverton in the WA goldfields.
Mt Morgans will be Australia’s newest +200,000 oz gold mine, and in Q1 CY2018 will produce its first gold from a newly constructed 2.5Mtpa CIL treatment plant.
The maiden Ore Reserve of 1.2 million ounces, supporting an initial mine life of 8 years, will produce underground ore from Westralia and open pit ore from Jupiter.
Dacian Gold has a strong culture of technical excellence, team work and an ability to move quickly when opportunities present.
Dacian Gold is seeking to employ an experienced Senior Mine Planning Engineer – Open Pit to provide coordination and technical expertise to the Open Pit mining team for mine planning activities of the Jupiter operations.
Reporting to the Mining Manager – Open Pit, responsibilities of this role will include;
- Set up of systems and processes to ensure the mine planning is robust and effective
- Pit optimization and development of medium and long term mine plans
- Preparation of life of mine plans, mine designs and the review and optimization of medium range and long term plans
- Preparation of operational and project cost estimates
- Liaising with engineering and mining personnel to ensure production plans are executed effectively to optimize ore extraction
- Mentoring and technical leadership
The Person Dacian is in an exciting growth phase. The culture is representative of this phase – an ‘all hands on deck’ team approach is taken by all staff to ensure that they meet and exceed schedule, targets and deliverables.
They are looking for a Senior Mine Planning Engineer who is highly motivated and enjoys working alongside like minded professionals in a growing team and a growing Company.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering or related discipline
- Significant and recent experience in a similar role
- A sound knowledge and application of statutory safety requirements relevant to mining
- Technical expertise in relation to Open Pit mine design, drill and blast, optimization and planning
- Proficient with computer scheduling software (Deswick, Surpac, etc)
- Operational site based mining experience (ideally Gold) and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic production environment
Candidates who hold an Unrestricted Quarry Manager’s Certificate will be highly regarded.
Please APPLY NOW. Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.Initial inquiries are welcome.
Would you like to apply for this job?
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.
Click Apply for Senior Mine Planning Open Pit Gpld Mine Western Australia