Senior Mine Engineer – Drill & Blast
A global tier one mining company with a broad portfolio of projects in open cut and underground mining.
An underground hardrock mining project in the Mt Isa region of QLD. Operating with a large fleet of UG mining equipment and sizable operations teams this site has been in production for over a decade.
Opportunity to relocate to Mt Isa in North West QLD and work in a busy mining town. With a population of over 22,000 people Mt Isa is destination for many mining workers to sleep in their own beds every night and progress their careers
Your Duties As Drill & Blast Engineer
- Manage & team and mentor junior engineer
- Drill & blast, stope, vertical & horizontal mine planning designs
- Short term & medium term planning/ scheduling – working closely with other senior Engineers
- Daily monitoring & recording of production and development progress
- Preparation of stope notes, development approvals, drilling & blasting plans and service hole approvals
What’s Your Value
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering
- Experience working in underground hardrock mining
- Strong experience managing a team/ leadership within Drill & Blast UG Mine Engineering
- Mining software experience
- Excellent safety standards
What’s In It For You?
- Move your career forward with a global mining company
- Support and career development from the best in the industry
- Attractive salary package plus company benefit + 13% super + housing allowances
- Sleep in your own bed ever night
- Relocation packages
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Qualified Senior Mine Engineer Drill Mining Blast Mount Isa QLD
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a workplace health and safety package for the Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII).
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety and procedures training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
There are 6 units of study (competency) in the Standard 11. This course can not be completed online. Find out more about how you can complete the Standard 11 Mining Induction at a location close to you
You can book your course here and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.