Senior Mechanical Engineer
Jacobs is one of the world’s leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. They specialize in architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and consulting. Client portfolio includes industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
Perth Industrial Team is growing and have opportunities for Mechanical Engineers to join the team to assist in the delivery of a strong pipeline of work. In these staff roles within the Industrial team you will assist with the delivery of Mining, Minerals and Resources projects for some of the major clients in the market. They would be interested in Mechanical and Senior Mechanical level candidates as they can tailor these roles to suit your experience and skillset.
- Work independently on problems that are commonly encountered in mechanical engineering relating to mining, minerals or resources project
- Undertake mechanical design, prepare design documentation, and provide construction support across all project phases
- Apply technical knowledge to address problems and determine action
- Prepare and submit proposals for future work opportunities
- Seniors will Identify and win work to sustain personal and team workload
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Junior Engineers
- Management of small to medium sized multi-disciplined related projects
- Be engaged in the safety culture at Jacobs and promote safety in all aspects of project delivery
To be successful in this role:
- Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical
- Relevant industry experience
- Experience and ability to manage medium sized projects
- Ability to mentor/guide Junior Engineers both on the job and professionally
- Experience in designing materials handling plant
- Previous experience in hydraulic modelling is not essential but will be viewed favourably
- Previous relevant work experience working with the iron ore industry will be viewed favourably
- Focus on good client delivery and good relationship building skills
- Experience working with a similar organisation will be well regarded
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Professional accreditation or working towards Chartered Status
- Experience in the resource sector will be well regarded
This positions will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to work on some of WA’s most exciting projects in the Industrial market in addition to providing the candidate
Achieve more with a global brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below.
If you believe you would be well suited to the position please APPLY NOW by link below
Click Apply for Senior Mechanical Engineer Major Mining Australia
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.