See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Jacobs is one of the world’s leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. They specialize in architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and consulting. Client portfolio includes industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
Perth Industrial Team is growing and have opportunities for Mechanical Engineers to join the team to assist in the delivery of a strong pipeline of work. In these staff roles within the Industrial team you will assist with the delivery of Mining, Minerals and Resources projects for some of the major clients in the market. They would be interested in Mechanical and Senior Mechanical level candidates as they can tailor these roles to suit your experience and skillset.
- Work independently on problems that are commonly encountered in mechanical engineering relating to mining, minerals or resources project
- Undertake mechanical design, prepare design documentation, and provide construction support across all project phases
- Apply technical knowledge to address problems and determine action
- Prepare and submit proposals for future work opportunities
- Seniors will Identify and win work to sustain personal and team workload
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Junior Engineers
- Management of small to medium sized multi-disciplined related projects
- Be engaged in the safety culture at Jacobs and promote safety in all aspects of project delivery
To be successful in this role:
- Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical
- Relevant industry experience
- Experience and ability to manage medium sized projects
- Ability to mentor/guide Junior Engineers both on the job and professionally
- Experience in designing materials handling plant
- Previous experience in hydraulic modelling is not essential but will be viewed favourably
- Previous relevant work experience working with the iron ore industry will be viewed favourably
- Focus on good client delivery and good relationship building skills
- Experience working with a similar organisation will be well regarded
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Professional accreditation or working towards Chartered Status
- Experience in the resource sector will be well regarded
This positions will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to work on some of WA’s most exciting projects in the Industrial market in addition to providing the candidate
Achieve more with a global brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below.
If you believe you would be well suited to the position please APPLY NOW by link below
Click Apply for Senior Mechanical Engineer Major Mining Australia