Senior Contracts Specialist Principal
At BHP Billiton they support there people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, they offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. There strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where the employees feel strongly connected to there values and objectives, and where the capability of the people is key to success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by people. At Olympic Dam they care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. They also believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. This role is based in Adelaide, offering quality standard of living without the high costs of most other Australian capital cities. Adelaide offers a Mediterranean climate, beach-side lifestyle, cosmopolitan cafés and restaurants and world class wine regions just an hour away. All this plus an annual international festivals and events calendar makes Adelaide a vibrant, cultured, friendly environment to live, work and play in.
Please note: this position is based on site at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2 roster with residential or FIFO options available.
About the role
BHP are embarking on an exciting future of major and asset projects and we need talented people to help us be successful. You will be working with a dynamic and diverse projects team with a great culture and comradely. Together they will be executing some of South Australia’s largest mining projects and growing our future.
They currently have a position available for a passionate and dynamic emerging leader to join talented Contracts and Procurement’s team. As the Principal Contracts and Procurement, you will be responsible for providing functional expertise, mentoring, coaching and guidance to BHP’s Projects Commercial team.
In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team
- Drive world-class contract management, with a focus on strategic, complex construction and engineering contracts.
- Carry out contract variations, including updating or expanding scopes of services and schedules of materials
- Develop and implement advanced commercial techniques to leverage value creation opportunities
- Apply sound commercial judgement around application of contractual terms and conditions
- Proven commitment to look after your own well being and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
- Relevant qualifications will be seen as highly desirable
- Extensive experience within major projects contract law, or contract management
- A pragmatic commercial outlook with exemplary judgement
- A flexible approach to join a newly formed team
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, they also recognize that they are strengthened by diversity. They are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
They know there are many aspects of employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so they offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to applyClick Apply for Senior Contracts Specialist Principal, Olympic Dam Based
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to about the flexible working options in this team.