Senior Coal Mining Estimator
BGC Contracting is part of BGC Australia Pty Ltd, a diverse construction, manufacturing and contracting organization with vast scale, an impressive depth of knowledge and robust financial backing. Since its beginnings in 1957, the BGC Group has grown with an annual turnover in excess of $3 billion, making it one of Australia’s largest privately owned companies.
At BGC Contracting, people aren’t just employees – they’re partners on the journey to transform tomorrow. They are seeking skilled, driven and passionate people to join there team for a truly satisfying career, with opportunities to work with a national scale.
Senior Coal Mining Estimator Maintenance Brisbane QLD
They are Australia’s largest privately owned mining, construction and maintenance services company, working across the resources, energy and infrastructure sectors
The sustained growth they are experiencing now, presents an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Mining Estimator to join Mining Estimating Team in Brisbane office.
Reporting to the Manager Estimating – Mining East, the Senior Mining Estimator will ensure the estimating, preparation of tenders and submissions for new mining projects (including surface coal mining) are delivered to an exceptionally high standard.
Working in a diverse environment, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing detailed estimations for mining, mining related and bulk earthworks tenders to review stage and presents all submission via interim and final reviews to the relevant personnel
- Developing and preparing risk and opportunity analysis of tenders, feasibility and budgets for projects and presents these to internal and external stakeholders as required
- Providing costing, methodology and/or technical estimating advice to Operations Managers and other Estimators and undertakes peer reviews as required
- Compiling reviewed tenders including associated schedules and client information requirements in conjunction with the Submissions Coordinator.
What they are looking for:
- 10 years operational experience in surface coal mining
- Previous estimating experience in both competitive tendering and alliance/partnering contracting environment with blue chip mining houses
- Experience in the use of Resource Based Electronic Estimating Tendering packages
- Degree in Mining/Civil Engineering or Mine Surveying or appropriate discipline
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and guidelines.
What can BGC Contracting offer you?
- A challenging, rewarding and enjoyable workplace that supports innovation
- A culture driven organization that’s passionate about its people and its values
- A broad range of opportunities nationally across diverse projects
- Strong pipeline of upcoming work
- Experienced and supportive senior management team.
They also offer a range of additional benefits for BGC employees. Learn more about BGC corporate benefits by following the link below. http://www.bgcstaffbenefits.com.au/
Be part of something bigger. If you’re looking for a rewarding career and not just another job; they want to hear from you.
Please apply following the link below or via website at www.bgc.cc
They embrace diversity across operations and strongly encourage applications from all suitably qualified women, Indigenous people and other multicultural backgrounds.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Qualified Underground Coal Mining Longwall Operators Coalfields
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.