See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Senior Coal Mining Estimator
BGC Contracting is part of BGC Australia Pty Ltd, a diverse construction, manufacturing and contracting organization with vast scale, an impressive depth of knowledge and robust financial backing. Since its beginnings in 1957, the BGC Group has grown with an annual turnover in excess of $3 billion, making it one of Australia’s largest privately owned companies.
At BGC Contracting, people aren’t just employees – they’re partners on the journey to transform tomorrow. They are seeking skilled, driven and passionate people to join there team for a truly satisfying career, with opportunities to work with a national scale.
Senior Coal Mining Estimator Maintenance Brisbane QLD
They are Australia’s largest privately owned mining, construction and maintenance services company, working across the resources, energy and infrastructure sectors
The sustained growth they are experiencing now, presents an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Mining Estimator to join Mining Estimating Team in Brisbane office.
Reporting to the Manager Estimating – Mining East, the Senior Mining Estimator will ensure the estimating, preparation of tenders and submissions for new mining projects (including surface coal mining) are delivered to an exceptionally high standard.
Working in a diverse environment, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing detailed estimations for mining, mining related and bulk earthworks tenders to review stage and presents all submission via interim and final reviews to the relevant personnel
- Developing and preparing risk and opportunity analysis of tenders, feasibility and budgets for projects and presents these to internal and external stakeholders as required
- Providing costing, methodology and/or technical estimating advice to Operations Managers and other Estimators and undertakes peer reviews as required
- Compiling reviewed tenders including associated schedules and client information requirements in conjunction with the Submissions Coordinator.
What they are searching for:
- 10 years operational experience in surface coal mining
- Previous estimating experience in both competitive tendering and alliance/partnering contracting environment with blue chip mining houses
- Experience in the use of Resource Based Electronic Estimating Tendering packages
- Degree in Mining/Civil Engineering or Mine Surveying or appropriate discipline
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and guidelines.
What can BGC Contracting offer you?
- A challenging, rewarding and enjoyable workplace that supports innovation
- A culture driven organization that’s passionate about its people and its values
- A broad range of opportunities nationally across diverse projects
- Strong pipeline of upcoming work
- Experienced and supportive senior management team.
They also offer a range of additional benefits for BGC employees. Learn more about BGC corporate benefits by following the link below. http://www.bgcstaffbenefits.com.au/
Be part of something bigger. If you’re searching for a rewarding career and not just another job; they want to hear from you.
Please apply following the link below or via website at www.bgc.cc
They embrace diversity across operations and strongly encourage applications from all suitably qualified women, Indigenous people and other multicultural backgrounds.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Qualified Underground Coal Mining Longwall Operators Coalfields
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven it’s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.