Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Job Information category.
Find SEEK jobs in the Mining, Resources and Energy Sector
SEEK is Australia’s number one job site with over 150,000 jobs online and has around 25 million visits each month, on average.
The award-winning SEEK jobs website has an extensive list of mining jobs including Mining Drill & Blast, Engineering, Surveying, Power Generation & Distribution and a whole lot more.
No matter what your experience in the mining industry, SEEK jobs (and there’s a lot of them) seem to dominate the jobs search market.
If you want to work in the mining and resource sector, you have to be resourceful. The best way to begin is to search on SEEK for jobs in mining that relate to what you’re doing now, or what skills you have at this time. The SEEK website and it’s cutting-edge technology will help you to find jobs with ease.
Typically you start by selecting ‘Mining, Resources & Energy’ in the Classification box, and then select the sub classifications from there. You can also add a keyword to really narrow down your SEEK jobs search. Quite often in the SEEK search results you will see there are many skills and qualifications that are transferrable from other industries into mining.
Today’s modern mining operations are focused on productivity and they desperately need plumbers, electricians, builders, boilermakers, welders, mechanics, IT personnel, HR people, medical staff, logistics experts and heavy vehicle drivers to keep operations running smoothly.
Even if you’re one of the many people who have the right mix of attitude and experience in other areas of expertise, you can still find many mining jobs on the SEEK website that will give you a start at an entry level.
These mining jobs can be administrative assistants, cooks and catering staff, cleaners and maintenance staff, childcare workers, drivers, security staff and general labourers.
There are plenty of mining traineeship jobs advertised on SEEK too, which offer you the chance of on-the-job training and qualifications as you learn.
SEEK Jobs categories in mining and the resource industry
- Any Mining, Resources & Energy Jobs
- Analysis & Reporting
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Mining – Drill & Blast
- Mining – Engineering & Maintenance
- Mining – Exploration & Geoscience
- Mining – Operations
- Mining – Processing
- Natural Resources & Water
- Oil & Gas – Drilling
- Oil & Gas – Engineering & Maintenance
- Oil & Gas – Exploration & Geoscience
- Oil & Gas – Operations
- Oil & Gas – Production & Refinement
- Power Generation & Distribution
Seek Jobs search tips
- Create a Seek jobs alert
Let the jobs come to you. Once a day get SEEK jobs delivered automatically to your email in-box. Each day a fresh list of SEEK jobs that you’re targeting will be waiting for you to review and action.
- Promote yourself
You can build your online SEEK personal profile to showcase your skills, experience and target the right jobs you’re interested in. The more you add to your SEEK profile, the easier it is for the right employers to find you.Your SEEK profile works for you while you are away from the confines of the internet. Mining companies can look through your profile, realise what skills and experience you have and get in touch with you when they have mining jobs that may be of interest to you – it’s convenient and easy to use. It’s secure and private too, because your profile can only be seen by employers who are advertising SEEK jobs that match your experience and situation.
- SEEK jobs – setting up your job search criteria
When you search for SEEK jobs, you’ll always get a full list of vacancies to choose from. This can be confusing for people who are not familiar with the way jobs boards like SEEK operate.Frequently, job search systems are updated with new features and it can be confusing for people unfamiliar with exactly what search options/filters there are available.Typically you select your category and subcategory, then select a keyword to narrow your search to allow the results to be more targeted at the mining job you are searching for.Common SEEK jobs search
- Enter a keyword to narrow down your search for a mining job. This could be ‘driller’, ‘labourer’, ‘off-sider’, ‘WHS’ etc
- Set the classification: Mining, Resources & Energy
- Select a sub-classification (if it applies) e.g. Mining Operations or Analysis and Reporting
- Choose the location in Australia you would like to work a mining job in (Select All Australia – or Region or City)
- Choose the more detailed options like parts of a city or the sub-region of a State
- You can also select the salary limitations if you feel this is applicable to your SEEK job search
- Refining your SEEK jobs search
When you request a search you will see a list of the jobs that are currently open to apply for. Mining jobs come and go fast on SEEK, so be sure to apply for the ones you want as quickly as possible. On the search results page you will have the ability to:
- See how many mining jobs match your search
- Add or remove your ‘Active Filters’ like classification and location
- Sort the list of jobs by date listed
- Add more keywords to really hone in on the jobs you’re interested in
- Change the location of the jobs you’re searching for
- Update the jobs classification
- Adjust the salary scale you would accept (this can increase or decrease the number of jobs on your list)
- Change the type of work classification like Full-time, Casual or Part-time.
- Reviewing a job listing
Selecting a job on SEEK is easy, just click the job you’re interested in and you’ll be taken to a jobs detail page. This page contains all the information about the job being advertised.You can view the job details like:
- The company advertising the job
- The job details and requirements
- Job Location and work classification
- Contact details and information on how to apply for this SEEK job
Simple things you can do to make your SEEK jobs search easier
Another good feature of the SEEK jobs board website is there are additional tools you can use to make your search more productive and accurate.
How to do more with the new SEEK jobs options:
- Add the SEEK jobs you’ve found to a shortlist so you can come back and review them later
- Email the job you’re interested in to yourself or people who know who may be interested
- Share the job on social media websites like facebook, LinkedIn, twitter and Google +
- Add personal notes to the job to allow you to come back later and build your research knowledge
- Print the job to allow you to read it offline when you have more time