Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Scraper Operator – Weipa
Programmed Skilled Workforce is a leading provider of staffing and training services and are searching for a highly trained and positive person for the role of scraper operator.
For those who do not know, Weipa is located in Far North Queensland.
- Duration: 5 month project, Mid-April 2017 commencement
- Transport: FIFO from Cairns, if you reside outside of Cairns you must find your own way there
- Roster: Monday – Saturday on a 2:1 Roster
- Accommodation: Camp & Meals fully supplied
- Hours of Work: 10-12 hour days
- Competitive Rates (ask us)
- Prior Tailings Dam / Wall Raise Civil Project experience is highly regarded
- Experience with the following equipment:
- Scrapers CAT 623G/K
- Civil Earthworks/Embankment experience
- Laser Level Scraper Experience Highly Regarded
- Current Drivers License
- Operating Tickets or Certificates
- Proof of Right to work in Australia
- Apply Risk Management Processes Certification – or willing to obtain
- CPR – or willing to obtain [Valid for 1 year]
- First Aid – or willing to obtain [Valid for 3 years]
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Use Awareness Training – or willing to obtain [Valid 2 years]
- Strong compliance to and knowledge of site safety rules and regulations. High safety regard is paramount for this role.
**Looking for motivated, highly skilled civil† CAT 623G plant operators.
If you get the job, you’ll be supplied with
- Accommodation and meals for the duration of the mining project
- Flights & rostered flights.
- An opportunity to develop your skills and work with a great team in one of the most beautiful, remote locations in Australia!
The successful applicant will need to complete a Pre-Employment and Drug & Alcohol before commencing on site.