If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Scraper Operator – Weipa
- Duration: 5 month project, Mid-April 2017 commencement
- Transport: FIFO from Cairns, if you reside outside of Cairns you must find your own way there
- Roster: Monday – Saturday on a 2:1 Roster
- Accommodation: Camp & Meals fully supplied
- Hours of Work: 10-12 hour days
- Competitive Rates (ask us)
- Prior Tailings Dam / Wall Raise Civil Project experience is highly regarded
- Experience with the following equipment:
- Scrapers CAT 623G/K
- Civil Earthworks/Embankment experience
- Laser Level Scraper Experience Highly Regarded
- Current Drivers License
- Operating Tickets or Certificates
- Proof of Right to work in Australia
- Apply Risk Management Processes Certification – or willing to obtain
- CPR – or willing to obtain [Valid for 1 year]
- First Aid – or willing to obtain [Valid for 3 years]
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Use Awareness Training – or willing to obtain [Valid 2 years]
- Strong compliance to and knowledge of site safety rules and regulations. High safety regard is paramount for this role.
**Looking for motivated, highly skilled civil† CAT 623G plant operators.
If you get the job, you’ll be supplied with
- Accommodation and meals for the duration of the mining project
- Flights & rostered flights.
- An opportunity to develop your skills and work with a great team in one of the most beautiful, remote locations in Australia!
The successful applicant will need to complete a Pre-Employment and Drug & Alcohol before commencing on site.