Safety and Environmental Superintendent (Texas, QLD)
MRV Metals is a fully owned subsidiary of ASX listed Moreton Resources Limited. The company is rapidly moving into operations post Mining Lease grant, and is expected to reach full operations in our processing areas within the next two months, followed by commissioning of major crusher refurbishment in March and rounded out by mobilization and mining commencement, in April 2018. Therefore seek a highly skilled, energetic and dedicated mining professional to fulfill the role of Superintendent of Safety and Environment.
This is a residential role based in Texas, Queensland and will work a roster pattern over a 4 weeks period, working a Monday to Friday roster, with one weekend in four on site, allowing for coverage which in turn allows for once a month, a 4 day long weekend.
Being a residential role based in Texas you will get to enjoy the lifestyle Texas has to offer. The town of Texas is perched on the banks of the peaceful Dumaresq River, within close proximity to the major regional towns of Goondiwindi, Stanthopre and Warwick. It is a well serviced community of approx. 1,100 people with modern medical, schooling and business facilities which relies predominantly upon the agricultural industries. Within the region you will find excellent fishing, great camping spots and the serenity of rural landscapes that make this location a family friendly and hospitable community, with strong support for the MRV Metals project, throughout the township and surrounds.
The role of the Safety and Environmental Superintendent will play a key role in the development of the Safety and Environmental function for the Granite Belt Project. As such they are seeking a highly motivated and technically competent Superintendent, who has site experience to ensure a practical and grounded approach to systems, processes and regulatory compliance.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure delivery of all key Project performance indicators across SHE disciplines
- Provide clear communication to the operations and projects on all HSE initiatives, strategies and issue resolution
- Ensure proactive development, implementation and management of the systems, processes and policies surrounding the Health, Safety and Environmental function
- Establish & maintain strong client relationships at a Senior level, working to anticipate and deliver solutions to client needs
- Embrace visible ownership of all HSE Management systems at a site level and at the most senior levels of Government
- Provide functional matrix support to line managers and leaders upon their responsibilities
- Previous experience on operational sites is essential;
- A minimum of 5 years in a Senior leadership role preferred
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Strong communication skills with well-developed interpersonal and visible leadership capability
- Well established Project Execution leadership knowledge with a proven record of delivery
- A high level of commercial and strategic management ability.
Fixed Annual Remuneration: up to $130,000 per annum inclusive of Super is offered with relocation assistance for the successful candidate and/or family to the Texas region. In addition you will be eligible in the short term incentive program at 7.5% of Base and long term incentive program at 2.5% of Base over a rolling 3 year program.
MRV Metals strongly encourages a commitment to community and family, and hence welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds. This opportunity is lifestyle opportunity and the ideal candidate will reside in Texas and ensure they participate and integrate within the community, as senior roles to which this is one, are day to day ambassadors for business and support of local communities is critical to the role.
How to Apply
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.
Click Apply for Safety and Environmental Superintendent