If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction before applying for the job. Standard 11 inductions can be completed in 2 days in a face-to-face setting and Standard 11 refreshers can be done online.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
The successful Rope Shovel / Excavator Trainer will have the below:
- Minimum 3 years experience operating rope shovels
- Minimum 6 – 12 months providing individual operator training on rope shovels and excavators
- Extensive experience operating XPB/C 4100 rope shovels
- Experience operating excavators 500T plus
- RII competencies
You will also have:
- Cert IV TAE – Training & Assessing
- RII S1, S2, S3
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA Induction
- Current Coal Board Medical (CBM)
- Drivers Licence
- Willingness to undergo a D&A screening and PEM
In return, they offer:
- Immediate start
- FIFO from Brisbane/Cairns/Townsville
- Meals and accommodation provided
- Rental car to camp, DIDO/BIBO from camp to site
- Competitive hourly rates
- Weekly pay
- Take advantage of our Key Connect program. We offer our employee services program to all our employees which includes travel, financial services, and so much more! Let us do the leg work for you!
(S11) (CBM) (TAE) (SUP)
For more information and to apply for this Mining Job Bowen Basin go here: Rope Shovel / Excavator Trainer Job
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.