If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Rigger Jobs Shutdowns Bowen Basin
CQFMS are searching for qualified Riggers with proven experience to join their team for shutdown work across the Bowen Basin.
Due to the continued success of their business they have exciting opportunities across several shutdowns starting in June thru to December 2019 throughout the Bowen Basin.
Work with the best:
- Get the hourly rate you want
- Get the hours you want
- And the opportunities you need
Their people come first:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounted private health
- Financial benefits
- Gifts for referring your mates…and more.
Successful candidates ideally will have:
- Current High Risk Work Licence
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Working at Heights
- Confined Space
- Standard 11 Induction Training / BMA Core Induction
About the Company:
CQFMS is part of the Field Mining Services Group, a major Australasian maintenance contractor and supplier of highly qualified trades to multinational clients within the Bowen Basin.
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list