See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Rig Mechanics Casual & Full time FIFO Positions
By joining Ensign, a leader in oil field services across the globe, you will directly benefit from latest technology where you can grow your skills. This opportunity will provide you with rewarding challenges within the Onshore Oil and Gas Industry in Australia.
The Rig Mechanic is responsible for all mechanical systems on the drilling rig and camp facility. Ensures that all mechanical systems, plant and equipment is safe and complies with relevant standards and codes.
Applicants must also be willing to work a casual roster and travel to Toowoomba or Adelaide to meet crew change obligations.
RIG MECHANIC DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all mechanical systems on the drilling rig and camp facility
- Ensures that all mechanical systems, plant and equipment are safe and complies with relevant standards and codes.
- Adopt Company preventive maintenance system to contract.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and inspections as per company policies and procedures.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts and emergency spares.
- Manage inspection and re-certification of critical components as per contract.
- Provide hands-on refurbishment of Company owned equipment.
- Provide technical support as required to ensure uninterrupted field activities.
- Establishes correctly isolating procedures for the safe maintenance of plant and equipment and ensures that all relevant personnel are aware of these practices and procedures.
- Ensure equipment is maintained to a standard that meets industry and regulatory requirements.
- Identify and order materials required to perform maintenance tasks using company systems.
- Assist with maintenance shut downs and upgrade programs when required.
- Previous Industry Experience
- Heavy Diesel Experience
- Caterpillar & Detroit Engine
- Nissan, Toyota & Isuzu 4 x 4 Vehicles
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Hydraulic systems open & closed loop
- Pneumatic systems
Successful applicants must be willing to provide a current police clearance and undertake functional medical testing to ensure they can meet the physical demands of the Rig Mechanic position.
Strong coordination, time management, verbal and written communication skills, critical thinking skills are essential.
Intermediate Computer literacy and basic knowledge of MS Office required.
QUALIFICATIONS desired but not essential:
- Trade Qualification (essential)
- Current, unrestricted Manual Driver’s License (essential)
- Provide First Aid and CPR
- Well site Permit to Work Rev 3 Training
- Operate Vehicles in the Field 4 x 4 Training
- Industry Safety / Drilling and Completions General Induction
- Confined Space Training
- Breathing Apparatus Training
- Gas Test Atmospheres Training
Apply now for your chance to become part of Ensign’s global operations.
For more information please visit the Ensign Energy website (Careers Page): https://www.ensignenergy.com/careers
Ensign is an equal opportunities employer. They embrace the diversity of there people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.
Would you like to apply?
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Rig Driller Mechanics Mining FIFO Positions Australia