Qualified Drill and Blast Engineer
Total Mine Solutions (TMS) specializes in recruitment and human resource management within the mining sector. The group are highly sought after engineers, project managers and professional personnel within the industry.
Seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified Drill and Blast Professions for upcoming contract work beginning in late September.
The positions involve working with one of major Tier 1 clients within the mining industry. The role entails working in the mine planning team and is responsible for carrying out detailed drill and blast design work, production scheduling and Identifying opportunities to improve production outcomes.
Key duties for this role are:
- Generate effective drill pattern, tie-in and charge designs.
- Monitor and review data from drilling, explosive loading, and blasting to generate daily reports.
- Produce Dip, Charge and Backfill sheets.
- Refinement of drill and blast pattern designs based on short/medium term plans.
- Ensure compliance with client policies, procedures and systems.
- Maintain a positive and productive working culture.
To be considered you must meet the following:
- Have an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Have proven experience in Drill and blast planning/scheduling and mine design.
- Bachelor degree in Mining Engineering or similar.
- Practical approach to engineering and design problems.
- Computer proficiency (Excel, MS Office, Vulcan, Xact, ShotPlus, Blastlogic)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Have exceptional and professional communication skills.
- Have prior experience in Coal in particular with Rio Tinto/BHPB/BMA.
Not available in late September? Doesn’t matter,Still encourage expressions of interest from applicants that would like to be considered for other upcoming roles. Call for a confidential discussion to find out what TMS can offer.
Please use the Seek Apply now function or for further information contact on 1300-737-527.
NOTE: When you apply for Drill and Blast, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.