Adani Group, Indian coal mining giant has announced it has plans for a $300 million power line for its massive Australian Carmichael mine.
If you’re looking for coal mining jobs in QLD, the Carmichael mine set to commence as soon as 2016, is initially employing 5000 construction workers, then Adani has stated it will need at least 4000 ongoing Queensland mining jobs.
In the past week Adani Group company executives met with Aussie officials to propose a 640km power line, who have been very receptive as it doesn’t provide tax implications to the state’s balance sheet.
This development of this transmission line will allow easier access to the billions of dollars worth of coal resources and stimulate further commercial activity in the Galilee Basin.
As iMINCO reported recently, Indian owned mining company Adani is forging ahead with the development of the Carmichael mine set to provide 60 million tonnes of coal per year to the very eager power plants in India. This project alone has the potential to create thousands of QLD mining jobs.
Adani expects operations to commence in 2016 and fully ramp-up production by 2022, and with a mine life of 90 years, progressive work like this power line ensures the projects success and therefore demand to fill coal mining jobs QLD
When fully developed, the Carmichael Coal Mine will be the largest coal mine in Queensland. The development of the Carmichael coal mine and associated rail network has already started filling QLD construction and mining jobs and is expected to provide a significant boost to the economy. In fact, total investment injected into the mine, port, water and power infrastructure is expected to top $7 billion dollars.
Carmichael mine facts for people seeking QLD coal mining jobs
- The Carmichael project has a potential mine life of 90 years with Queensland mining jobs for years to come.
- An investment of approximately $10 billion, with 6 open pit and underground workings; each expected to produce 10 million tonnes of coal a year.
- Adani are advertising for jobs at Carmichael now- with 5000 construction workers needed to build the mine, with a permanent workforce of 4000 coal mining jobs in QLD anticipated (so get your foot in the door now)
- The mine is expected to be around 45 kilometres long with coal destination and stockpiling at Abbott Point coal terminal near Bowen Basin via a 185 km rail line (to be built) where it will join the the existing QR National Network
- Significant coal exports are predominantly headed for India with the first coal exports to commence as early as 2016.
If you are one of the many people who are looking for coal mining jobs in Queensland, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to forge ahead into one of Australia’s most significant projects. This is a positive sign when of the world’s largest coal mining companies is injecting billions into coal mining in Queensland. Existing workers looking to take advantage of this new project and secure employment should think about getting the right training now.
India is looking to Australia as coal from their India is often unreliable and has created many issues with their power generating plants. Another reason why Adani has moved into Australia is Indonesian coal is also too expensive, so the Carmichael Mine looks favourable. India has to be sure it has concrete plans in place to ensure it feeds India’s ever-expanding need for coal – which is excellent news for QLD mining jobs in coal.
For Aussies – what you need to know is Adani is one of India’s largest companies – with the Carmichael project receiving massive financial backing from heavyweights like India’s ICICI Bank Ltd. and Axis Bank Ltd. Adani is one of Australia’s biggest investors in our coal mining industry; in addition to shipping and power.
Additionally the company is forging ahead as a major player in oil and gas, too. For mining jobs in Australia it is essential our ties stay solid and with Adani ramping up activity and injecting a cool $300 million into a power line for Carmichael, it certainly gives faith that this company is setting up shop in Australia for a long time – especially with the ports on Australia’s east coast being the best way to get coal to India – fast!
Adani is at the for front of an expected mining-related infrastructure boom and The Galilee Basin, has the potential to unlock thousands of coal mining jobs QLD, with the area expecting to hold around 1.7 billion tons of extremely sought-after top quality coal.
With other giants moving into the Galilee Basin to including India’s GVK partnership with Australia’s mining magnate Hancock Prospecting for a slice of the $10 billion Queensland coal-mining project – has solidified its stance as the largest project in the region.
Recommended training courses and certifications you need to secure QLD mining jobs with Adani or Carmichael coal mine Jobs.
- Complete a mining induction course (Recognised Standard 11). This is a well structured and engaging safety training course that will introduce new starters or workers entering the mining industry to life in the industry. This is a MUST DO course if you want to submit an application for a mining job at this mine. Read more about mining induction safety training courses and book your spot online.
- Arrange a medical health check referred to as a Coal Board Medical. This is a requirement by the Coal Mine Workers` Health Scheme. Coal mining companies must ensure that a health assessment is carried out for each person who is to be offered employment, or is already employed in the coal mining industry. Read more about the Coal Board Medical.
- It is a proven fact that with a mining specialised resume prepared, you will definitively have a leg up when you apply for a position. If your resume is not up to date and structured correctly, you risk having your resume overlooked by the automated resume scanning software that is designed to look for selected keywords contained in your resume. This is the first hurdle where many applicants fall, however, there is a solution. Invest in your future and read through our resume tips for mining jobs and have a look at the resume writing service ““ it works!
Carmichael mining job applications
Adani are currently advertising numerous jobs across all facets from admin staff, service or entry level mining jobs and as construction is ramping up construction jobs (for workers mine site ready) will be available. So if you`re looking for QLD mining jobs, now is the time to get yourself trained, your application and resume up to scratch and ensure your ready to impress.
How do I get a job at the Carmichael mine if I have no experience?
Many people ask us how to get a mining job with no experience? There are a lot of factors and answers to this question. It depends on your previous experience, qualifications, whether you have the correct certifications, tickets and also the right attitude however looking for QLD mining jobs and their requirements – gives you a good indication of what might be expected.
Did you know approximately 25% of the mining workforce in Queensland turns over each year? This is a number you should take note of because as people leave the industry, it creates opportunity for new starters to get a foot-in-the-door, so even if you have never worked in the mining industry before, with the right mix of certification, experience and ability ““ you could quite easily score a job a the new mine.
If you need to talk to someone about booking in to a training course, or you need help with your resume, call Industry Pathways on 0403 560 594, they have specialist advisers on hand to help.
Apply for Adani Carmichael QLD mining jobs here.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.