See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Project Manager – Operational Role in Underground Coal Mining
Are you a driven underground coal mining professional who wants a challenge?
As an operational Project Manager, you will be in charge of the mining operations for an established underground contractor. Your work will primarily involve development, but the scope can range far and wide dependent upon the client’s needs at the time. You will have a decent size team of more than 100 including a small management team, as well as several Production Coordinators and ERZ Controllers.
Your role may sound deceptively simple, but it certainly is not easy.
- Keep everyone safe and comply with statutory and client policies.
- Keep the client happy, meet KPI’s and work with them to achieve everyone’s goals.
- Make money – manage the costs, keep the equipment running at peak performance, pick up extra work, & submit all the right reports accurately & in a timely manner so they get paid.
- Lead the team. Set standards, hold people accountable, encourage, coach, collaborate, be fair yet tough when it is called for.
- Manage the job – by organizing the team, using your knowledge / expertise to solve problems, and ensuring that top management visit your project because they want to, not because they have to fix something you aren’t doing, and demonstrate effective leadership in everything you do.
If you deliver on the above list, you will be well compensated and have the potential for other rewards which can be discussed at interview.
Obviously, you will need to have experience in underground coal extraction in a leadership position. They are equally happy to see people who have degrees or not. Statutory qualifications at least at a deputy / ERZ controller are desirable, but not essential. Apart from that, if you can safely hit targets, manage a client, and have a business head not just a production focus, then you are probably of a like mind to us and would fit right in. They run a business, not a mine and need someone like you who thinks the same way.
This is a Mon-Fri role (in theory) so you would need to live residential, or you could Drive in/Drive out a short distance (your safety being paramount) at the end of each week. The town is well facilitated with both rural and mining industries so you can build a social life and friends outside of your workplace.
If you wish to have a career, become part of our business and build something more than just another job, come talk to us. Send your CV to representative David Brock either directly to his email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by hitting the apply button. Make sure you quote the reference number UCPrMgr.
NOTE: This is a sample of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Each job requires different levels of education, experience and qualifications. Wherever possible, link to the courses we offer will be provided as links. We encourage you to continue to do your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Project Manager Operational Underground Coal Mining Coalfields