This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Project Manager – Civil Mine
- Client-side Delivery
- Attractive FIFO or DIDO roster
- 10-12 month contract
RobLawmax is assisting a growing Engineering and Construction Management company and is seeking expressions of interest from Project Managers who possesses the skills and capabilities to lead an upcoming Mining Infrastructure project in the Bowen Basin.
The successful candidate will be a driven and passionate professional with the ability to make key decisions on a daily basis. Representing the client, you will lead a team of 6 staff (Engineer, Supervisors (2), CA, QA Advisor and HSE Advisor) across an earthworks project which is likely to run for up 12 months from December.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the successful construction contractor to ensure budget and programme targets are achieved
- Ensure project QA expectations are met
- Oversee and approve progress payments and negotiate claims for variations
- Work with the construction contractor around construction methodology changes (if applicable)
- Liaise with Engineering Consultants with respect to any necessary design changes
- Coordinate with 3rd party geotechnical verifiers
- Complete weekly and monthly management reports
- Maintain a strong and motivated project team
- Drive HSE commitment and ensure that all HSE expectations are exceeded
Ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Previous experience leading mine infrastructure projects from a client perspective
- Good knowledge of bulk earthworks
- Strong commercial acumen with specific reference to cost control and contract administration
- Excellent subcontractor management skills with strong relationship-building AND negotiating skills
- Good reporting and presentation skills
The contract will initially be 10 months in length and will be offered on a FIFO or DIDO basis pending place of origin.
How to apply
If this sound like something for you, hit the APPLY button now for this great opportunity.
Click Apply for Project Manager Civil Mine Infrastructure – Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list