If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Production Operators job Mackay & Coalfields $48.48per hour
Excavator/Dozer/Grader/Loader/ Haul Truck
Advertised by: Brunel Mining, Mining – Operations Bowen Basin
If you are interested and have the skills, apply directly via SEEK with your resume. Or you can get in contact with the office (07) 3007 7650 for a confidential discussion.
- $46.24 Single Skilled per hour + Superannuation
- $48.48 Multi Skilled per hour + Superannuation
- Up to $2000k bonus paid bi-annually
- Salary packaging available for variety of products.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
You will be an experienced heavy equipment operator;
- Have or be able to pass a Coal Board Medical as well as a D&A
- Have a current Drivers Licence
- proven ability to operate safely and follow rules and procedures within a mining environment
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment
- Minimum 12 months experience on Mechanical and electric trucks within a coal production environment
- Ability to provide RII’s or SSE Signed VOC’s to validate previous operating experience
- Experience on Komatsu 830E will be highly regarded
- Multi Skilled is combination of 3 or more of the below
- Excavator/Dozer/Grader/Loader/ Haul Truck
- Must be able to competently operate Mechanical and/ or Electric Trucks
- Minimum of 24 months operating experience on multiple pieces of machinery within a coal production environment
- RII’s or SSE Signed VOC’s to validate previous operating experience
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our Client operates a long-life open cut coal mine in the Middlemount area in QLD and we are seeking Experienced Production Operators. This job requires applicants to have a valid Standard 11 Induction Training mining induction, which can increase your chance of getting through to the next round. The Standard 11 Induction Training Mining Induction is the WHS course you really need to do. Camp accommodation is provided in Middlemount with buses running to and from site.
Thanks for searching at this Production Operators job with Brunel Mining.
Location: Mackay & Coalfields
Job Type: Contract/Temp
Category: Mining, Resources & Energy
Classification: Mining – Operations
Job link : https://www.seek.com.au/job/50914645/
Production Operators jobs – Mackay & Coalfields – Brunel Mining jobs at Mackay & Coalfields, contract/temp, Mining, Resources & Energy, iMINCO Mining Information
Before applying for the Production Operators job with Brunel Mining, have a flick through your resume and make sure it’s up-to-date and you’re targeting this job with the keywords used in the ad.
Remember… the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) could be used to scan your resume and cover letter for keywords. If your resume doesn’t match some of the expected words that are contained in the job your application may fail the test and be rejected. Give yourself the best chance at getting your rsume seen by a human by reading the iMINCO mining resume guide here.
Mining Jobs, jobs in mines, jobs on mine sites, get a mine job.
Production Operators,Mackay & Coalfields,Brunel Mining,Mining – Operations
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.