Production Operator Jobs QLD
Yancoal Australia are looking for people with experience operating heavy mobile equipment, primarily dozers, loaders and excavators. The work is based on a 6 days on 4 days off roster, 10.5hr shifts, rotating between day and night.
Skills & Experience:
- Sound communication skills, including on a two-way radio.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- High attention to detail.
- Extensive experience in the operation of dozers, loaders and/or excavators within a mining or civil environment is essential (mining preferred).
- Thorough understanding of individual responsibilities in relation to the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act and associated regulations.
- Extensive experience with hazard identification and reporting.
- RII's [...Learn about RII's] Competencies for operating dozers, loaders and/or excavators are essential.
- Unrestricted Queensland Driver’s licence
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Mine Induction (Surface) or equivalent
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of their employees. The following benefits are available to eligible wages employees:
- Assistance with local living costs
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
About the Company:
Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal their people are their most valuable asset and they invest in developing their management and leadership talent throughout their operations.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.