Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Production Mining Superintendent
- ASX 100 global manufacturer – commercial explosives & fertilizers
- People leadership role focusing on continuous improvement
- FIFO Phosphate Hill from TSV – 8 days on / 6 days off
Working at Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) provides the opportunity to progress your career with an industry leader in both the agriculture and mining industries. IPL is an ASX 100 global diversified industrial chemicals company that manufactures and distributes industrial explosives, industrial chemicals and fertilizers
Phosphate Hill operations consist of an integrated open cut mine and processing facility, producing high quality ammonium phosphate fertilizers for domestic and export markets. The production facilities include ammonia, phosphoric acid, granulation and beneficiation plants. The plants are fitted with the latest technology and feature state of the art manufacturing processes.
Reporting into the Production Manager this role will see you manage the production teams to ensure key safety, production and cost targets area achieved.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the health and safety of team members
- Achieving planned production targets.
- Leading the implementation of the BEX – continuous improvement
- Implement monthly priorities, linked to the A3 business plan to ensure the yearly KPI’s are achieved.
- Engaging with the work teams and developing their capability in all aspects of the business.
- Ensure staffing requirements are managed to ensure safe production and business continuity.
- Manage the workforce in a manner consistent with the Phosphate Hill Enterprise Agreement.
To be successful in this role a tertiary qualification is highly desired with a minimum of 10 years industry experience. They are searching for a leader that can effectively develop the production teams through consistent coaching and performance management.
Other skills and experience Include.
- Extensive leadership capability with large teams
- Proven experience in operations and/or maintenance of a chemical manufacturing plant or similar heavy industry environment.
- Experience with business improvement/change management implementation
- First class computer skills and experience with SAP
- Previous experience in a Production Manager role or relieving is highly desirable
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing organization with an evolving workplace where you can be part of the change and future vision.
Benefits to you
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing organization with an evolving workplace where you can be part of the change and future vision. By way of reward, you will be offered a competitive salary along with the chance to join a diverse ASX 100 company, operating in different locations and sectors and an opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization and contribute to its future. To express your interest please follow the links below
A little more about Incitec Pivot
- At the heart of Incitec Pivot and Dyno Nobel’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
- The culture of safety is paramount and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
- Support diversity in the workplace; women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Dyno Nobel and Incitec Pivot Limited is a proud member of the Diversity Council of Australia and Male Champions of Change, and holds a State Chair position on the National Association of Women in Operations.
How to Apply:
To register your interest in this position click on the “Apply Now” button.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Production Mining Superintendent FIFO Northern QLD