If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Principal Mining Engineer – Open Cut Coal
Reporting to the General Manager – Coal, this is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with RPM’s local and global teams of experts on projects ranging from technical reviews, due diligence and Expert Witness work to feasibility studies, life of mine planning and cost analysis.
This role is based out of the RPM Brisbane CBD office. Regular domestic and international travel is a requirement of this position.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Collaborating with the advisory business development team to develop proposals that demonstrate a clear understanding of client’s needs and provide a robust, value-based approach to addressing them.
- Working efficiently and effectively as Project Manager, Project Director or as a technical expert within high-performance project and study teams.
- Collaborating with clients from project kick off to delivery, maintaining regular follow up engagement.
- Preparing and reviewing project reports as well as presenting key outcomes to clients.
- Facilitating knowledge transfer and providing input into the ongoing development of RPM’s internal consulting processes and proprietary software.
- Maintaining a wide professional network within the mining industry to consolidate and expand RPM’s client relationships.
- Assist in marketing efforts in order to generate new leads.
You will have:
- 10+ years of mining experience in both operational and consulting roles.
- Tertiary qualification in mining engineering.
- Significant periods in corporate planning roles, operations and technical consulting.
- Competency in relevant computer systems is expected.
- Working knowledge of industry-based software.
- Be prepared to provide CP (Competent Person) or QP (Qualified Person) sign-off for public statements.
- Have experience in coaching and mentoring a technical team.
- Have experience in producing a broad range of project documentation i.e. reports, feasibility studies, presentations, etc.
- The ability to communicate complex solutions to a range of technical and non-technical customers and stakeholders.
The successful candidate must hold or be eligible to hold membership of the AusIMM and Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ). The successful candidate will be based in Brisbane and must have the right to legally work in Australia.
RPMGlobal is the mining industry’s leading enterprise technology, advisory and training provider.
They are the market leader in enterprise solutions from mine planning to execution. They have the most advanced scheduling tools in the industry along with leading simulation, costing and execution solutions in both production and maintenance all built on the industry’s only Enterprise Planning Framework (EPF).
Global Advisory Team are the trusted advisors the mining industry turns to. They deliver impartial, expert advice during a mine’s lifecycle from exploration to mine closure including project feasibility and funding, as well as mine development and operations.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Principal Open Cut Experience Coal Mining Engineer Brisbane Jobs