Power Station Operator – Mechanical – Weipa
Aggreko is the global leader in generator and temperature control hire with locations throughout the world. They are a major player in the global power market and a publicly owned company listed on the London Stock Exchange Top 200. There local operations span across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific.
They are currently looking to employ a Mechanical Power Station Operator. The purpose of this position will be to manage, maintain and run all aspects of an ‘Own and Operate” Reciprocating Diesel Station at Weipa Site. The suitable candidate will be highly driven, highly flexible and possesses the ability to think on their feet.
The position will be reporting to the Regional Projects Operations Manager and will be on a roster basis. For the first 6 months FIFO is available and then after you will be required to be live onsite on your rostered time of 7 days onsite & with 7 days RNR; all of your meals and accommodation will be provided to you.
You will responsible for but not limited to
- Carry out all engine servicing, minor and major mechanical repairs as required.
- Managing company’s QHSE policies and procedures on sites.
- Maintain site maintenance programmed for all Aggreko equipment.
- Ensure optimum stock levels of spares and consumables for the site requirements.
- Carry out quarterly fleet & equipment verification, stock and cable counts in timely manner
- Maintain accurate running hour reports, energy and fuel readings as required.
- Calculate weekly and cumulative fuel consumption figures.
- Daily/weekly operational reports
To be successful for this position you must possess the following
- Extensive exposure with operation and maintenance of Reciprocating Diesel Power Stations
- Proven experience with Power Generators is essential
- Experience with Cummings Generators is an advantage but not essential
- Willing to work on a Dry Site
- Qualified Heavy Diesel Mechanic
- Undertake and successfully pass a National police check
- Able to pass drug and alcohol screening (or have one within 20 days)
- Ability to pass pre-employment medical and psychometric test.
- Level 2 First Aid
- Current motor vehicle driver’s license
- High Risk LF license
- Sound Mechanical knowledge of Cummins Diesel or Gas Engines
Joining the Aggreko team will entitle you to
- A competitive salary
- Collaborative and connected team, who will offer support and guidance in skilled development.
- Employee Reward and Value Programs; including EAP, Novated Leasing options; Health and Well being Programs, Company Share options and HUGE retail discounts.
If you meet the above requirements for this position and would like to play a key part in their global business, then they would welcome the chance to talk to you.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Would you like to apply?
For more information on the role, please forward your application with a cover letter addressing the key areas of experience to Bridget O’Neill (Recruitment Advisor – AusPac) firstname.lastname@example.org or click the Apply button.Click Apply for Power Station Operator – Mechanical Job Weipa QLD