Power Station Operator – Electrical
Aggreko is the global leader in generator and temperature control hire with locations throughout the world. It’s a major player in the global power market and a publicly owned company listed on the London Stock Exchange Top 200. Their local operations span across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific.
Currently Aggreko AusPac is seeking an experienced Electrical Power Station Operator to run and operate power station working on Granny Smith Mine. The purpose of this position will be to manage, maintain and run all aspects of an ‘Own and Operate” Reciprocating Natural Gas Station. The position will be reporting to the Regional Projects Operations Manager and will be on a roster basis FIFO from Granny Smith. You will be required to be live onsite on your rostered time of 15 days onsite & with 13 days RNR; all of your meals and accommodation will be provided to you.
You will responsible for but not limited to:
- Managing company’s QHSE policies and procedures on sites.
- Maintain site maintenance programmed for all Aggreko equipment.
- Ensure accurate power production readings in the correct format as acceptable to the Customer.
- Ensure optimum stock levels of spares and consumables for the site requirements.
- Carry out quarterly fleet & equipment verification, stock and cable counts in timely manner
- Maintain accurate running hour reports, energy and fuel readings as required.
- Calculate weekly and cumulative fuel consumption figures.
- Carry out all engine servicing and minor mechanical repairs as required.
- Daily/weekly operational reports
To be successful for this position you must possess the following;
- Be familiar with operation and maintenance of Diesel / Gas Power Stations
- Qualified WA A grade Electrician
- Undertake and successfully pass a National police check
- Able to pass drug and alcohol screening (or have one within 20 days)
- Level 2 First Aid preferred
- Type B Gas license
- LV Rescue training preferred
- Trained in HV switching
- High Risk LF license
- Current motor vehicle driver’s license
- Sound Electrical knowledge of Cummins Diesel or Gas Engines
Joining the Aggreko team will entitle you to
- A competitive hourly rate
- Collaborative and connected team, who will offer support and guidance in skilled development.
- Employee Reward and Value Programs; including EAP, Novated Leasing options; Health and Well being Programs, Company Share options and HUGE retail discounts.
If you meet the above requirements for this position and would like to play a key part in global business, then they would welcome the chance to talk to you.
For more information on the role, please forward your application with a cover letter addressing the key areas of experience to Bridget O’Neill (Recruitment Advisor – AusPac) email@example.com or click the Apply button.
Would you like to apply?
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team please Apply online now with an up to date CV.
Click Apply for Power Station Operator Electrical – Kalgoorlie WA