If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
PM Forklift Operator – Rockhampton
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Forklift Operator to join Rockhampton branch. This is a Casual position with a PM Shift start time that offers good working conditions, well maintained equipment and other incentives. In return they expect a commitment to Followmont’s core values and high safety standards.
Reporting to the PM Supervisor, you will be a part of a passionate and fast paced environment focusing on safely unloading and loading freight off Linehaul and PUD vehicles. This role will suit an operator who has proven experience in loading multiple trailers of general freight per night.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Working PM Shift Monday – Friday with occasional weekend work
- Operate a forklift to Load and Unload general freight
- Manual handling of parcel and general freight when required
- Accurately check weight of items being loaded
- Ensuring all item labels are checked to eliminate freight misdirects
- Treating all freight with care and respect to minimize damages
- Uphold the company values of Service, Unity, Passion, Integrity and Innovation in all that you do!
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Current Forklift ticket and proven forklift experience is essential
- Experience loading and cross stacking freight
- High level of attention to Detail
- Flexibility to work the PM shift and occasional weekend work
- Motivation to help the team succeed
About the Company
Followmont Transport is a large family owned business established in 1983. Today Followmont Transport employs over 600 staff, utilities the service of over 150 subcontractors, and owns and operates a 600+ vehicle fleet throughout Queensland. Followmont Transport’s primary business is providing general freight services throughout Queensland and Northern NSW.
Followmont Transport is an equal opportunity employer. In return, they will offer you a safe and passionate working environment, flexible work conditions, career growth and an opportunity to be part of a growing business, which is preparing for its next stage of growth!
Would you like to apply?
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘Apply Now‘ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Click Apply for PM Supervisor Forklift Operator Rockhampton QLD