This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Plumbers/Poly Welders job – Mackay & Coalfields
Advertised by: UGL – Mining – Engineering & Maintenance
This opportunity would see you join a strong brand, and highly experienced team with a reputation for delivery and working together for our customers to develop and provide solutions.
We are seeking Expressions of Interest from highly experienced and motivated Plumbers/Poly Welders with demonstrated experience working in a mining environment. Apply below to join us in the Bowen Basin. These drive in, drive out roles include accommodation and meals.
To be considered for a role you will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Relevant Trade Certificate
- Butt Weld Polyethylene Plastic Pipelines PMBWELD301B
- Electrofusion Weld Polyethylene Pipelines PMBWELD302B
- Work at Heights valid within 2 years
- Gas Test Atmosphere within 2 years
- Confined Space valid within 2 years?
- Coal Board Medical within 5 years
- Standard 11 Induction Training or BMA Core (Statement of Attainment) within 5 years
- Additional skills such as RB, LF, DG, EWP etc. preferable but not essential?
- High levels of attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills
- Great time management skills
- The ability to work within a team and unsupervised
Please note a rigorous pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening will be conducted for short-listed candidates
What makes you right for UGL
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world???s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.?
If you are confident you have the skills and knowledge to fulfil this role, then please apply now via the button.? ? For your application to be considered please ensure that you register your complete profile in full when applying on the third-party website that you are directed to.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Location: Mackay & Coalfields
Job Type: Casual/Vacation
Category: Mining, Resources & Energy
Classification: Mining – Engineering & Maintenance
Job link : https://www.seek.com.au/job/50698097/
Plumbers/Poly Welders jobs – Mackay & Coalfields – UGL jobs at Mackay & Coalfields, casual/vacation, Mining, Resources & Energy, iMINCO Mining Information
Before applying for the Plumbers/Poly Welders job withUGL, have a flick through your resume and make sure it’s up-to-date and you’re targeting this job with the keywords used in the ad.
Remember… the Applicant Tracking System or ATS is being used to scan your resume and cover letter. If want to know how to do this, see our mining resume guide here.
Mining Jobs, jobs in mines, jobs on mine sites, get a mine job.
Plumbers/Poly Welders jobs ,Mackay & Coalfields,UGL
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list