Plumber Pipefitter Central Engineering
Glencore is one of the world’s largest globally diversified natural resource companies and a major producer and marketer of more than 90 commodities. There operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites, oil production assets and agricultural facilities – supported by a network of more than 90 offices located in over 50 countries.
They employ approximately 160,000 people including contractors and provide people with the opportunity to develop and grow their expertise and the confidence to grow their careers.
Mount Isa Mines are currently advertising a vacancy that exists for the role of Plumber/ Pipefitter to join the Central Engineering Department. Reporting to the Water Distribution Supervisor, you will be part of a dedicated team that maintains and operates the pump stations and water systems, which supply water to the city of Mount Isa along with the freshwater and sewerage systems on site at Mount Isa Mines. This position is residential based in Mount Isa.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Repairing, replacing and maintaining pipework
- Pipeline installations
- General maintenance
Ideal candidates will have the following skill set and attributes:
- Trade qualification in Plumbing/ Pipe Fitting
- A flexible attitude and sound work ethic
- Excellent time management skills, along with the ability to achieve results within specified time frames
- Strong customer focus and high level of attention to detail
- A sound understanding of workplace OH&S
- A current manual drivers license
- The ability to work well within a team environment or unsupervised
In this role you will be primarily accountable to safely and effectively perform planned and breakdown maintenance tasks within the Water Distribution team. This position will provide an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced multi-skilled trades person.
For further information about the role, please contact: Steve Vidler on (07) 4744 2480.