Plant Project Lead Operator
Southern Oil re-refines waste lube oil for reuse as lube oil which is its best use as it creates a cradle-to-cradle solution. They produce minimal waste, reduce the need for oil imports and our products have a significantly smaller carbon footprint than crude base oils.
This is a renewable fuels pilot facility which will process biomass and waste mineral oil products as feed stocks to produce a renewable crude oil, which will be refined into saleable transport fuels. The aim of this Pilot project is to firm up the technology around renewable fuels so that a commercial sized project can be undertaken.
This role includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Operating and monitoring of the Bio-Fuels process and production units;
- Process troubleshooting, diagnoses and fault rectification;
- Minor maintenance and repair of plant and production equipment;
- Product sampling and analysis;
- Maintaining a comprehensive shift log
- Strict adherence to company OHS and Environmental policies
- Mentor and train junior Operations Technicians; and
- Develop and review Standard Operating Procedures
Skills and Qualifications
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be able to work in Australia
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a continuous process plant, preferably Hydrocarbon Processing as an outside operator
- Have at least 2 years of Control Room operations experience including operating a unit through a DCS or equivalent
- Certificate 3 in Process Plant Operations
- Extensive experience with commissioning/ start-up/ shut down of plant and equipment
- Posses the ability to read and interpret Technical Drawings e.g. PID’s, PFD’s etc.
- Availability to work shift work
- Possess advanced mechanical aptitude, a trade certificate or equivalent would be advantageous
- Possess a sound knowledge of instrumentation functionality and basic electrical theory
- A current fork lift license would be advantageous
- A professional attitude with a genuine interest and commitment to expanding your skills and experiences, as well as the need to be part of a team striving to be the first in their field should see you well suited to this position.
A Lead operator position has become available in this new facility for a suitably qualified Operations Technician. This is a shift based, hands on role and will report directly to the Operation Manager.
Submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.