If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
†Plant Project Lead Operator
Southern Oil re-refines waste lube oil for reuse as lube oil which is its best use as it creates a cradle-to-cradle solution. They produce minimal waste, reduce the need for oil imports and our products have a significantly smaller carbon footprint than crude base oils.
This is a renewable fuels pilot facility which will process biomass and waste mineral oil products as feed stocks to produce a renewable crude oil, which will be refined into saleable transport fuels.† The aim of this Pilot project is to firm up the technology around renewable fuels so that a commercial sized project can be undertaken.
This role includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Operating and monitoring of the Bio-Fuels process and production units;
- Process troubleshooting, diagnoses and fault rectification;
- Minor maintenance and repair of plant and production equipment;
- Product sampling and analysis;
- Maintaining a comprehensive shift log
- Strict adherence to company OHS and Environmental policies
- Mentor and train junior Operations Technicians; and
- Develop and review Standard Operating Procedures
Skills and Qualifications
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be able to work in Australia
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a continuous process plant, preferably Hydrocarbon Processing as an outside operator
- Have at least 2 years of Control Room operations experience including operating a unit through a DCS or equivalent
- Certificate 3 in Process Plant Operations
- Extensive experience with commissioning/ start-up/ shut down of plant and equipment
- Posses the ability to read and interpret Technical Drawings e.g. PID’s, PFD’s etc.
- Availability to work shift work
- Possess advanced mechanical aptitude, a trade certificate or equivalent would be advantageous
- Possess a sound knowledge of instrumentation functionality and basic electrical theory
- A current fork lift license would be advantageous
- A professional attitude with a genuine interest and commitment to expanding your skills and experiences, as well as the need to be part of a team striving to be the first in their field should see you well suited to this position.
A Lead operator position has become available in this new facility for a suitably qualified Operations Technician. This is a shift based, hands on role and will report directly to the Operation Manager.
Submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below