†Plant Project Lead Operator
Southern Oil re-refines waste lube oil for reuse as lube oil which is its best use as it creates a cradle-to-cradle solution. They produce minimal waste, reduce the need for oil imports and our products have a significantly smaller carbon footprint than crude base oils.
This is a renewable fuels pilot facility which will process biomass and waste mineral oil products as feed stocks to produce a renewable crude oil, which will be refined into saleable transport fuels.† The aim of this Pilot project is to firm up the technology around renewable fuels so that a commercial sized project can be undertaken.
This role includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Operating and monitoring of the Bio-Fuels process and production units;
- Process troubleshooting, diagnoses and fault rectification;
- Minor maintenance and repair of plant and production equipment;
- Product sampling and analysis;
- Maintaining a comprehensive shift log
- Strict adherence to company OHS and Environmental policies
- Mentor and train junior Operations Technicians; and
- Develop and review Standard Operating Procedures
Skills and Qualifications
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be able to work in Australia
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a continuous process plant, preferably Hydrocarbon Processing as an outside operator
- Have at least 2 years of Control Room operations experience including operating a unit through a DCS or equivalent
- Certificate 3 in Process Plant Operations
- Extensive experience with commissioning/ start-up/ shut down of plant and equipment
- Posses the ability to read and interpret Technical Drawings e.g. PID’s, PFD’s etc.
- Availability to work shift work
- Possess advanced mechanical aptitude, a trade certificate or equivalent would be advantageous
- Possess a sound knowledge of instrumentation functionality and basic electrical theory
- A current fork lift license would be advantageous
- A professional attitude with a genuine interest and commitment to expanding your skills and experiences, as well as the need to be part of a team striving to be the first in their field should see you well suited to this position.
A Lead operator position has become available in this new facility for a suitably qualified Operations Technician. This is a shift based, hands on role and will report directly to the Operation Manager.
Submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below