Plant Operator Mining and Production Crew Sibelco’s Calliope Operation
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets.
Reporting to the Superintendent, this permanent full time role will be primarily responsible for the safe and efficient operation of heavy earth moving and processing equipment in a limestone mine; as well as assist with other areas of the mining and processing operation.
The successful applicants will:
- Be proactive with safety and possess the ability to help implement and follow safety procedures
- Have a current driver’s licence
- Have experience operating
- dump trucks in an open pit mining environment
- front-end loader experience also needed
- excavator preficiency
- crushing or screening plants; and
- hold the relevant competencies
- Be experienced operators with previous load and haul experience in a multi bench, open pit, mining operation.
- Be ready be part of mining projects that are focused on achieving the best possible safety and business outcomes while maintaining quality standards across the operation
Multi-disciplined within the mining team and operations and focus on the correct extraction of ore with minimal contamination. A willingness to develop skills and take on training and instruction with a positive attitude are fundamental to the roles.
There is an expectation that the operators are a flexible part of the Calliope workforce and are willing to be trained in plant and processing operations as required.
NOTE: Before you apply for this job “Plant Operator Mining and Production Crew“, take a look at your current resume and cover letter first. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job.
Look through the job ad for the important keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
The keywords to look out for are dump truck and open cut, competencies etc. The advertiser is looking to hire people who can work well under pressure as well as be part of a team, focused on safety. So no cowboys needed !!