See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Plant Operator Mining and Production Crew Sibelco’s Calliope Operation
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets.
Reporting to the Superintendent, this permanent full time role will be primarily responsible for the safe and efficient operation of heavy earth moving and processing equipment in a limestone mine; as well as assist with other areas of the mining and processing operation.
The successful applicants will:
- Be proactive with safety and possess the ability to help implement and follow safety procedures
- Have a current driver’s licence
- Have experience operating
- dump trucks in an open pit mining environment
- front-end loader experience also needed
- excavator preficiency
- crushing or screening plants; and
- hold the relevant competencies
- Be experienced operators with previous load and haul experience in a multi bench, open pit, mining operation.
- Be ready be part of mining projects that are focused on achieving the best possible safety and business outcomes while maintaining quality standards across the operation
Multi-disciplined within the mining team and operations and focus on the correct extraction of ore with minimal contamination. A willingness to develop skills and take on training and instruction with a positive attitude are fundamental to the roles.
There is an expectation that the operators are a flexible part of the Calliope workforce and are willing to be trained in plant and processing operations as required.
NOTE: Before you apply for this job “Plant Operator Mining and Production Crew“, take a look at your current resume and cover letter first. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job.
Look through the job ad for the important keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
The keywords to look out for are dump truck and open cut, competencies etc. The advertiser is searching to hire people who can work well under pressure as well as be part of a team, focused on safety. So no cowboys needed !!
Would you like to apply to this job?Click for more details and Apply for the job
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player