Plant Operator – Quarries
Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With more than A$4.4 billion worth of annualized sales, Boral has around 12,000 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites including joint ventures. Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, plasterboard and timber. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets – Australia, the USA and Asia.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a plant operator within the quarry located at Dunmore. They are looking for a dependable Operator to support the team by the safe and efficient operation of heavy mobile equipment and general quarry plant duties.
If you have a passion to learn, continually improve and if you get pleasure out of safe achievements, then maybe it’s worth thinking about a career in Boral Quarries as a possibility just for you!You will work towards gaining skills for all tasks throughout the Quarry not limited to using heavy mobile equipment.
Duties to Safely learn reliable proficiency in:
- Mobile Plant including Articulated Dump trucks, Front End Loaders, Excavator and Skid Steer
- Basic maintenance and plant cleaning along with general labouring duties
- Participation in safety initiatives including pre-starts, toolboxes and incident reporting
Plant Operator Heavy Mobile Equipment
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to safety, health and quality
- Desire and ability to work effectively within a team with minimal supervision
- The capacity to regularly work Monday to Saturday including 12 hour days
- Initiative to make reasoned decisions to optimize operations and equipment efficiency
- Experience with effective use of Mobile Plant
- Permanent full time position
- Competitive hourly rate
- Ongoing training and development
- Organization dedicated to health, safety and the environment
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
NOTE: When you apply for this job Plant Operator – Quarries, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
How to apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Click Apply for Plant Operator – Quarries Illawarra NSW